Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get some iX mudflaps made. Who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with enough photos of a set under decent and consistent light, a 3d model can be constructed easily, then touched up/smoothed out for accuracy. Can someone take a load of pictures in decent resolution and post them up? Keep the target and background fixed, only move the camera?
    88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - TOURING - waiting...
    89 325 IX AlpinWeiß - Gone
    88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted
    89 325 IX RoyalBlau - Parted
    88 325 IX RoyalBlau - Gone
    88 325 IX DiamantSchwarz - Parted

Comment

globalinspectionsolutions.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, globalinspectionsolutions.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyL View Post
        I need someone to measure the mud flaps for me. Doesn't have to be exact. I just need some approximate overall dimensions.
        9 1/4 inches wide (bottom)
        15 inches high

Comment

Back from the dead. Not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I have a set of clean used front iX flaps that I'd be willing to have used as a model if anyone really thinks they can make this happen.

PM or email me. If no one is interested in remaking these, I'll probably just put them up on Fleabay and let the market decide what they're worth.

Comment

Yes these must be made asap. Id be down.
            Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

I'd definitely be down for these.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
                Back from the dead. Not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I have a set of clean used front iX flaps that I'd be willing to have used as a model if anyone really thinks they can make this happen.

PM or email me. If no one is interested in remaking these, I'll probably just put them up on Fleabay and let the market decide what they're worth.
                I would be interested in buying these from you if nobody wants to use them as a mold. I promise to offer them as a mold in the future if the opportunity arises...
                My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Let me see...

I'm interested in a pair for sure. Im also an industrial designer for Basic RDS. I can mock up something and look into getting then reproduced but I'm no expert on mudflaps so it could go in a number of dirrections from there. I'll start researching now and keep you all posted.
                  I spend 90% of my money and women, cars, and booze. The other 10% is wasted.

Comment

I would buy in a heartbeat. Who's currently got the lead? I'm willing to devote some cycles to help get this done.

Comment

3d print these things already. please please please
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I've been calling a local guy trying to buy a set for a week now haha if he sells them I'd like to try and make a mold of them.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
                        Rear Diff Rebuild
                        Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
                        Transfer Case Rebuild
                        "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

I just wish whoever can really build the model for these would just GUARANTEE the original contributor would get their parts back undamaged.

GARAGISTIC GUYS: WHERE ARE YOU???? This is perfect for you.
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

GIVE IT UP! The people who have them are not willing to give them up. They won't lend them out.
                            [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

Not true. I have a set, just need someone who is able to get them.made and not cost $1000 a set. I think too many people don't realize what it takes to get them.made. you gotta pay to play

Comment

They should be redesigned so they do not trap moisture/dirt/wet leaves against the body as much as they do. Mud flaps have caused rust in every car I've had with them.
                                Eternally searching for a nice set of BMW Sheepskin Seat Covers for Comfort Seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X