Turbo IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo IX

Has anyone seen any turbo iX cars around. I am starting to move on my ix and have decided to go turbo. I want to go about 350hp to 400. I am have seen very little on turbo awd e30's. Is this going to shred my drivetrain. It is all in great working condition and this is not going to be a drag car.

Front driveshaft and front diff seem to be the first driveline issues that pop up.

With the driveshaft you could get custom lengthened splines added to it, use a spacer, or some other way to strengthen the spline that slips into the tcase.

Front diff, other than getting custom gears of a stronger material, I dont know what could be done.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Front driveshaft and front diff seem to be the first driveline issues that pop up.

With the driveshaft you could get custom lengthened splines added to it, use a spacer, or some other way to strengthen the spline that slips into the tcase.

Front diff, other than getting custom gears of a stronger material, I dont know what could be done.

Bimmer Party 1/4 mile 10.3s 226km/h 30.6.2012

Friend of mine uses some toyota hiace or something like that drive axles on front and CrMo axles

He brokes front diffs every summer.. better to start thinking to swap e34 525ix full drivetrain

Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
      https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

I would think about it, but I see no benefit to spending all that money so I can lose the limited slip center diff, and have to run a g250.

If you're friends with mw255, then please get him to update his thread haha

Comment

I've always heard the front diff can hold up to 500hp provided your not dropping the clutch and other stupid shit.

Btw I'm currently building an ix turbo setup
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

but what's the fun in 500whp if you can't even launch the car?

Also, I remember someone, somewhere saying that the 3.64 front diff is stronger than the others (ring&pinion wise) because of something being bigger? Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

the longer ratio is, the bigger teeth it has, and longer ratio need bigger bearings. but yeah its definitely stronger..

Comment

So the extra strength is just a side effect of the lower ratio, not because it is built differently.

Comment

well yeah, on longer ratio it has stronger tooths but the strenght of the case wall is needed also to handle torque..
                  so this wont happen

Comment

Working...
                  X