This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    nando, please do a Honda CR-V K24/K20 hybrid.

Aren't AWD CRV's available with manual transmissions in the international market?
    A K24 VTEC stick AWD CRX (or even hatch) would be pretty sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
      Ok thanks! I have a E53 3.07 diff waiting in the garage but I don't know how to use it yet... :P
      You could just ship it to me along with a 2.93 E46 diff ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        That's what I thought, but the fact that your E34 pan is REALLY REALLY clean threw me off.

So you're talking about franken-panning the front of the E70 pan onto the back of the E34 pan? What does that accomplish?
        that's flyboy's pan! mine is filthy :(

actually frankenpan the center of the E34 pan with the E70 pan. the front/rear of the N52 pan is quite a bit different from the standard M50 pan that BMW used for over 15 years.

I could use the E34 diff, ix driveshaft, and CVs, and keep the diff centerline closer to stock, and not have to mod the subframe. I'm most likely going to modify the E34 pan either way. The question is, do I buy that pan and chance it that anything lines up at all (as you said, different pictures).
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The front drive shaft center line is diffrent on the E53 compared to the E34, right? Diff is mounted more to the drivers side? (further away from the crank)

You could just ship it to me along with a 2.93 E46 diff ;)
          Haha noo im keeping that :)
          E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
          E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

The front drive shaft center line is diffrent on the E53 compared to the E34, right? Diff is mounted more to the drivers side? (further away from the crank)
            Correct. Not sure how much, but can be dealt with via U-joint driveshaft I posted above.

Haha noo im keeping that :)
            Come on... share the love! ;)

Comment

Correct. Not sure how much, but can be dealt with via U-joint driveshaft I posted above.

Come on... share the love! ;)
              Yeah that idea might be the best, i would like to keep the ZF trans but go with 3.07 front (or lower) or maybe gs-37 6 speed trans...but that will require more work :P

Haha i can share a E34 front diff :D
              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

you're going turbo right?

I want a shorter ratio since I'm using a Getrag. Still on the fence picking up that N52 oil pan..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  you're going turbo right?

I want a shorter ratio since I'm using a Getrag. Still on the fence picking up that N52 oil pan..
                  Yes, i will swap the engine from my rwd E30 in the ix :)
                  E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Yes, i will swap the engine from my rwd E30 in the ix :)
                    The extra driveline loss might knock you down to only 740 at the wheels... I know it's a tough break.

Comment

The extra driveline loss might knock you down to only 740 at the wheels... I know it's a tough break.
                      Haha yeah its going to feel slow :D
                      I'm probably going to turn the boost up a little more though, 800whp maybe :)
                      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Sent a couple of guys PM's with the link, but I found these X5 front axles for sale on CL, only $100. If anyone wants them I'd be willing to pick them up and ship them.

*Also I've abandoned the idea of a fraken pan idea, I think I'm gonna try the e53 pan and diff, but thats further down the road. I wanna get my interior done and paint first.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I picked up an E70 N52 pan. Will see if i can graft the E34 diff mount to it, or maybe use the E70 diff with another cv shaft solution.

I still want to run my M3 cluster, so I'll probably use my MS3 in tandem to control it via CAN. I can probably set it up to do datalogging too.

If i can solve the oil pan, I'll finally pick up a motor and work on mounts. If the N52 just isn't feasible, I'll have to rethink it again.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nice!! Looking forward to see how it turns out!

Im working on the turbo manifold right now, pretty tight :P
                            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Yeah, me too! I've collected all the parts, even a brand new custom Getrag 260.. and then stalled on the oil pan,

I'm pretty sure i want shorter gearing than 3.38 too, I've had my diffs boxed up to be rebuilt for almost 2 years, lol. I think 3.73 gearing with a 7500rpm redline would be perfect.

I also picked up a single stage manifold cheap, i want to cut it up and add trumpets and a custom airbox. The N52 has no throttle, so it won't be ITBs, but it'll be close. :)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whats your thoughts on the front diff ratio issues?

Yeah the N52 have this valve lift throttle type setup?
                                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
                                X