how to remove ix skirts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove ix skirts??

After doing some searching didn't find anything telling how to remove the ix skirts..I know they are held on by clips, I tried pulling but nothing...do the clips have to be cut? Can someone shed some light on this... thanks

Sent from my GS4 Active
    Last edited by fresh_TD; 02-04-2014, 06:24 PM.
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

The ones on the rocker need to be pushed upwards, the front fenders need to be pushed towards the back and I believe the the rears i think had to be pushed towards the front of the car. I could be backwards on those but I know for sure they do not pop straight off unless you want to break every clip.

Good luck
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
      The ones on the rocker need to be pushed upwards, the front fenders need to be pushed towards the back and I believe the the rears i think had to be pushed towards the front of the car. I could be backwards on those but I know for sure they do not pop straight off unless you want to break every clip.

Good luck
      ill try this tomorrow, but it doesn't sound right, I looked at the clips and theres is now room to push these either front or back like you're saying.

Comment

There notches on the flares that allow them to slip from the clips.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
          There notches on the flares that allow them to slip from the clips.
          Ok

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

you won't be able to just "slide them". they're also held on with a double sided sticky tape. that shit is strong too, it'll basically hold it onto the car all by itself.

it's going to be tough to get them off without breaking some of the clips.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think I just may cut the clips and get new ones..clips can't be that expensive....I'm getting my car painted and trying to take off anything I can on my own.

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

no need for cutting anything. ill take some pictures of skirts so you will get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ixa View Post
                  no need for cutting anything. ill take some pictures of skirts so you will get the idea.
                  got them off...thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X