iX 1.9 Z3 Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4x4_e30 View Post
    I installed all the linkages, carrier etc with the trans/ transfer case bolted up when doing my manual swap earlier this week, which means the reverse can also be done.

-Pull the wiring harness inside the engine bay up above the valve cover/ intake manifold.
    -Unbolt the rear trans/transmission mount, with the entire assembly hanging as low as possible.
    -Have someone inside the car guide the selector rod down while you have both hands on either side of the trans from underneath.
    -Install washers then clip.
    -Have your helper guide the carrier down to you, then install the clip and bolt the rear carrier mount to the body.
    Install shift lever into carrier, add washers to the linkage, then clip.

DONE
    That sounds like it might just work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Also forgot to add, transmission to transfer case is the large guibo, trans to rear driveshaft is the regular small guibo, and front driveshaft to front diff is IX specific. guibo

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4_e30 View Post
        Also forgot to add, transmission to transfer case is the large guibo, trans to rear driveshaft is the regular small guibo, and front driveshaft to front diff is IX specific. guibo
        Isn't there a guibo that can be swapped into the front driveshaft to get a smidge more spline engagement?

Comment

yeah you can use a rear one up front but you need a longer centering pin (X5) and there's still issues with the bolts clearing that bracket thing on the bottom of the transmission.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ahh.... Wasn't aware it's not a bolt-in

Comment

Front Guibo

See this...

Comment

Working...
              X