Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions

Can you take the VC apart and rebuild that or is it a welded unit er something?

If you can rebuild it could anyone point me in the direction to get what id need or read up on how to do it?

Second question is in regards to a 24v swap in an iX. Did a quick google search to see if anyone has done a M54 Swap into an iX and if so could i retain my Brake Booster?

Im curious on the swap because I have a spare block and M54B30 crank i was thinking on doing the 3.0 stroker. However the M54 is a much smoother engine and to be honest it gets better mileage. Also i can get a bit more power out of it for less.

please let me know.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

You can rebuild it but you need the proper fluid, with the right air ratio, you need to cut it open and ideally you need a submerged arc welder to seal it back up.

There's a rubber seal thats cheap but you cave to open up the case to replace it which requires cutting/welding..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

okay i know of a few places to do that kind of welding. Any data on the fluid and air mixture or where i can read up on it?
      Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
        okay i know of a few places to do that kind of welding. Any data on the fluid and air mixture or where i can read up on it?
        Here ya go.

Keep us updated on how it goes/how much you ended up spending:D.

Comment

Read that thread for your 24v questions, and I suggest reading all 50 pages and 743 posts, theres A LOT of good information in there (except for my stupid questions, lol). Almost every question can be answered there expect for how to actually do it. You can fraken pan it if you want, but you gotta get ride of the brake booster. I would just do the 3.0 stroker on the old M20.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
          X