Looking for pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for pictures

Does anyone have a picture of the complete underside of an all original unmolested ix? specifically looking at the front where that plastic dirt shield is. either im not searching the right thing or no one still has it on their car. I know its a silly thing, but the more i put this car back to stock, the more i find myself enjoying it. i also like driving through obscene amounts of snow and think that might not be a bad thing to have under there keeping snow out of the belts at least to some degree.

Thanks in advance,
    Hunter

my car never had it.. I've never seen one either. Always wondered if it even existed!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

lol me too because the picture of the part doesnt seem like ittl actually fit on the car. if not, im making one out of a piece of aluminium

Comment

Are you looking for the splash shield for the accessory belts?

Comment

yes. has anyone ever seen one for an ix? I haven't, but there are holes/mounts in the subframe for it.. so you'd think it existed.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I had one in my very first ix I bought a few yrs ago.. I can probably dig up the receipt from when I bought a replacement and get the part number

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
            '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
            '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I have one but its been damaged. There are 2 plastic nuts on each side that bolt it up under the wheel wells and some tabs the slide in under the front subframe.

Here is one that isnt damaged. I think it is called a splash guard.

Taken from this thread.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I have it on my E30, and had a spare one that I recently put on my buddy's iX I sold him.

I'll try to snap a pic when I do an oil change this wkend.
                www.instagram.com/snwmble
                #snwmble

Current:
                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

i have one too.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have one, but out of the 8 spots that it bolts to the car, 4 are gone. Just the 4 speed nuts on the inner wheel wells still exist.

Comment

lol they are available and i could order one from ecs i just wanna be sure my $90 is worth it before i go order a shiny new unbroken piece of plastic. if its not worth it im thinking 1/4" aluminium :devil:

Comment

nando, i found a picture lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVkkFUdBUxI 2:50

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                          nando, i found a picture lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVkkFUdBUxI 2:50
                          interesting video ,havent seen this one before ,need someone to translate the german for us . bit with the silicone fluid on the turning plates helps describe how the VC works a bit ,and a nice visual of the Sun/planetary gear torque splitting effect. and interesting to see at the end of video the ABS idle up kicker (old style vacuum actuator) that must have been in the development or early model cars (handled with the Idle motor in later cars)

love the RWD VS AWD up the slippery grass slope
                          and a bad VC on a 2wd dyno
                          Last edited by spdracrm3; 09-23-2015, 07:36 AM.
                          Angus
                          88 E30M3 X2
                          89 325IX
                          92 R100GS/PD
                          :)

Comment

Yeah, that was a cool video

Comment

Working...
                            X