Garagistic possible DSSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic possible DSSR

hey everyone. I am sure lots of you with manual ix cars have wanted a DSSR. Garagistic said they would make some if there was enough interest. Below is the link to the interest page just post the car you have and that you want to see an ix DSSR made. the more the better.

If you are interested please go to the page and post your interest.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

You said there are 0 options for the ix in that thread, but that's not true. Just a few threads down I posted an adjustable DSSR made by CAE. That would fit on an IX.

Of course, the $70 price garagistic has is currently unbeatable.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

aside from that isn't there an E36 DSSR that's only like 1mm different? that should work fine.

Not really a fan of the square section on that, but I guess it would work fine if it clears everything.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

well i didnt know that but it would still be nice to have an actual ix option imo.

sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say. Garagistic is going to do a run for the ix specific DSSR. They need 20 orders to make a complete run.

BMW E30 190MM DSSR (25111221321 / 25111220565) Introducing the Garagistic E30 325ix 190mm DSSR for your 1987-1991 325IX only!. (Replaces 25111221321 & 25111220565) To start off, what is a DSSR you ask? Well it stands for double shear selector rod, it's a selector rod that will spread the torsional force on both sides

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
            Just wanted to say. Garagistic is going to do a run for the ix specific DSSR. They need 20 orders to make a complete run.

http://store.garagistic.com/e30-325ix-dssr-190mm
            I'm going to assume you're the guy on FB who posted the same thing. Either way I'm blaming you, jerk. I went in for one. My car shifts alright, but it could be better. Also, it'll give me an excuse to flip my shifter around. I put it in the wrong way so it hangs out a little further to the right than everyone else's...I got used to it, but it's not great for people with shorter arms....woops;D.

Comment

HAHA dont worry i recently had to buy a OEM shifter selector rod myself and now im going to buy this one lol.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone know garagistics timeline on getting these out? I went in for one but haven't heard peep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
                2002 M5
                '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Originally posted by boogle2 View Post
                  Anyone know garagistics timeline on getting these out? I went in for one but haven't heard peep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Running a little behind because of some last minute revisions. The wait will be worth it.

Comment

I have a DSSR in my Ix. I am in southern california, if someone wants to try it let me know.
                    I talked to Garagistic about giving them a print for the parts i made but they turned me down.

Comment

Apparently my garagistic order just shipped. No deaf ears out there after all! i'll let everyone know how the install goes.
                      2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
                      2002 M5
                      '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

resurrect... how was it?

Comment

We do now make a DSSR for the IX platform for 1987-1991 325IX. This will replace OEM part numbers 25111221321 & 25111220565

It can be found on our website here:

BMW E30 190MM DSSR (25111221321 / 25111220565) Introducing the Garagistic E30 325ix 190mm DSSR for your 1987-1991 325IX only!. (Replaces 25111221321 & 25111220565) To start off, what is a DSSR you ask? Well it stands for double shear selector rod, it's a selector rod that will spread the torsional force on both sides

Comment

Can you provide the selector rod joint too?

When I did my custom UCC DSSR way back in the day, I found out the hard way that only one selector rod joint actually fit (the centered one, vs the offset one).

I can't remember the part # anymore for the correct one, since it was so long ago and I'm now old and senile. :p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Can you provide the selector rod joint too?

When I did my custom UCC DSSR way back in the day, I found out the hard way that only one selector rod joint actually fit (the centered one, vs the offset one).

I can't remember the part # anymore for the correct one, since it was so long ago and I'm now old and senile. :p
                              lol old and senile, yet trying to stuff new fangled motors in the most complicated e30 ever,

Comment

Working...
                              X