Removing front driveshaft and racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing front driveshaft and racing

So we all know towing is ok without the front driveshaft. I've locked in second for the season with first being unobtainable barring some catastrophic act of god.

I'm interested in running against all the rwd e30s to see how I stack up against the very competitive mod rear class. I know I'll be heavier and my caster isn't ideal and i have little racing experience with rwd, but... What are the possibilities I damage the VC doing this? I have a clutch pack rear diff, if any of you think that might make a difference.
    AWD > RWD

I think it will be fine. It's really no different than when your front wheels have no traction and it locks up to transfer torque to the rear (or vice versa).

as far as how it handles, let me know - as I've been considering doing my initial swap as RWD, fabricating an oil pan later on.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Because I don't have a rwd baseline to compare it to, I will think it's handling is terrible. Lol. It's going to be far slower and far looser. Last event I took 1st in PA and 1st in MR was ~25 seconds slower. 12 runs, 645s to 670s. If I make it into the top 5 in MR, I would be surprised because it's very competitive. I think one event there might have been a 3 second spread between 1st and 9th.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
      X