Factory radio unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory radio unit

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on which radio unit came in my iX from factory.. from my understanding there was three different kinds?

My car came with the premium sound package. (better speakers on the rear shelf and door tweeters) I ran my VIN on realoem but couldn't find anything.. the last seven of my car is ED52405 if that will help anyone.. Thanks!
    1984 BMW 318i - Lucille
    1989 BMW 325iX - Eugene Finn

@orichginal_e30

Mine has premium sound also, but I never tried to look up the parts. It has the speakers you describe, plus balance thumb roller in one of the switch ports above the radio bay.

However, the head unit had been removed before I bought the car, so I don't know what it originally had in that department.

Comment

there isn't an ix-specific stereo, so you'd be better off with this in the regular E30 sections (there's even a dedicated stereo/electronics forum).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Depends on the year. Factory stereos were 2 channel and 4 channel, alpine and pioneer.
        If you have an external fader knob above the radio opening you have 2 channel wiring. You can still use a 4 channel radio with a factory harness adapter.

Per vin lookup on mdecoder.com you have a 3/89 build Canadian IX

The factory CM5905 & CM5907 (2channel) and 5908 “slider” (4 channel) by Alpine can all be Bluetooth upgraded using a cantaloupe radio board. The KE81 (2 channel) & KE83 (4 channel) by Pioneer cannot be Bluetooth upgraded

Please note as well that the factory blaupunkt premium amp often needs rebuilding. If you get noise in your speakers with the radio on and sound off it’s probably your amp is bad

For more detail follow the link in my sig or check the audio forum
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          Depends on the year. Factory stereos were 2 channel and 4 channel, alpine and pioneer.
          If you have an external fader knob above the radio opening you have 2 channel wiring. You can still use a 4 channel radio with a factory harness adapter.

Per vin lookup on mdecoder.com you have a 3/89 build Canadian IX

The factory CM5905 & CM5907 (2channel) and 5908 “slider” (4 channel) by Alpine can all be Bluetooth upgraded using a cantaloupe radio board. The KE81 (2 channel) & KE83 (4 channel) by Pioneer cannot be Bluetooth upgraded

Please note as well that the factory blaupunkt premium amp often needs rebuilding. If you get noise in your speakers with the radio on and sound off it’s probably your amp is bad

For more detail follow the link in my sig or check the audio forum
          Awesome thank you! The car came with an aftermarket deck and I was looking for which ones may have come from factory, then I would just choose one to my liking and was planning to get it upgraded to the cantaloupe radio board. I do not have any issues regarding the premium amp, i have no noise that you are describing.
          I will definetly check out your thread and will probably be subscribing!
          1984 BMW 318i - Lucille
          1989 BMW 325iX - Eugene Finn

@orichginal_e30

Comment

Working...
          X