No announcement yet.

Post up pics of your ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last. Some decent snow and fresh snow tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sade View Post
      That cupholder is cool......I dont know why there is no cupholders in E30 in stock
      Because Race Car.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Looks nice in the snow! We dont have any snow :(
        E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

First time driving I the snow. I've had the car for over 2 years but no snow tyres. So first impression is a little underwhelming and..... It's brilliant.
          Since it's similar to the awd system in my Subaru I assumed it would drive similarly in the snow, but it just doesn't slide very much. Perhaps it's the tyres, I don't know, but it sticks to the road, just turns, stops and goes very securely. The Subaru can be slid more easily and controllably held.

Perhaps I just need to have a heavier right foot. Guess I will find out at the ice gymkhana in 2 weeks.

Comment

Looks great in the snow! It's my first winter driving my ix as well. I have snow tires and steelies but I am looking for some other wheels. Steelies just don't look very good.

Comment

I know some don't like them but I picked up the 4 bottlecaps for 100$ off craigslist. I know they are 14inch and narrower than stock but great for snow.

Comment

No snow at Mono Lake… Great view though. ;v)

[/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

Drove up thurs night in the thick of the storm from NYC to Jay Peak (8hr drive), and the E30 muscled thru flawlessly carrying 4 guys, 4 boards and all our gear for the wkend. I still can't believe how stable she was with the Michelin x-ices....was passing plows the entire way up. Witnessed two accidents in front of me, two jackknifes, and two cars in ditches.
                  Conditions are a bit icy on the mountains. Kind of wish we were further south, but the trip was pre-planned.

Drove up thurs night in the thick of the storm, and the E30 muscled thru flawlessly carrying 4 guys, 4 boards and all our gear for the wkend. I still can't believe how stable she was with the Michelin x-ices....was passing plows the entire way up. Witnessed two accidents in front of me, two jackknifes, and two cars in ditches.

Last edited by audiquattrot; 01-05-2014, 05:26 AM.
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

nice! no snow at all here. we got like 2" just before Christmas but I was in California.. doh.

I'm a little jealous of the storm in the NE.. I know, I know, it's really cold, but damn, we haven't had a real winter here in almost 20 years.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by NNW View Post

First time driving I the snow. I've had the car for over 2 years but no snow tyres. So first impression is a little underwhelming and..... It's brilliant.
                      Since it's similar to the awd system in my Subaru I assumed it would drive similarly in the snow, but it just doesn't slide very much. Perhaps it's the tyres, I don't know, but it sticks to the road, just turns, stops and goes very securely. The Subaru can be slid more easily and controllably held.
                      definitely need to use some throttle!

I went the other way, from my ix into a Subaru (outback/legacy with manual trans) and I thought the Subaru was underwhelming. well, it's ok, but it's big, lumbering, and not very confidence inspiring.. maybe the smaller ones are better, I don't know. I felt the same way about the ix, it could be controlled a lot better, especially with the throttle.

also maybe you should do a jack test if you haven't already, it won't be as impressive if the VC isn't working. :(
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by edsta74 View Post
                        recently dropped. H&R and Koni.

I see my old Ix looks good want to sell it back I am in Long Island

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                        I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                        "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          definitely need to use some throttle!

I went the other way, from my ix into a Subaru (outback/legacy with manual trans) and I thought the Subaru was underwhelming. well, it's ok, but it's big, lumbering, and not very confidence inspiring.. maybe the smaller ones are better, I don't know. I felt the same way about the ix, it could be controlled a lot better, especially with the throttle.

also maybe you should do a jack test if you haven't already, it won't be as impressive if the VC isn't working. :(
                          I've done the jack test and it's working perfectly. No slipping. I guess I didn't express my thoughts properly. I was impressed with how stable the ix is. My Subaru outback/legacy is also manual and the studded tyres are a few years old and yes it's not as nice to drive but was easier to get the back to step out. It could be that the new tyres on the ix were just too sticky, I don't know. :-/

Only one day driving in the snow in the ix and it's much more planted and secure. I will have to try more throttle when there are less cars around.

I always thought the Subaru was the best car in the snow, but now I am inclined to say that my ix and X5 are much much better snow cars.

Comment

Snapped a pic when I got to take her out in the snow. First time I've had her in the snow since I got her.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              nice! no snow at all here. we got like 2" just before Christmas but I was in California.. doh.

I'm a little jealous of the storm in the NE.. I know, I know, it's really cold, but damn, we haven't had a real winter here in almost 20 years.
                              lol yeah i always look forward to our storms here in the NE. The only downside is the salt & winter debris the iX gets hammered with, but I vowed before restoring the car that I was going to drive it...no garage queen here ;)

pic at the Canadian border :p
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

How do you like the Bra? I think it looks good. You only wear in winter?

Comment

Working...
                                X