clutch pedal - same as RWD e30???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch pedal - same as RWD e30???

My question is: is the iX clutch pedal assembly the same as any E30?

Here is the story:
    So I spent the whole evening trying to bleed my clutch and the pedal just refused to react to any attempts to bleed.

I was like WTF!?!?!?

So I started to inspect the whole system regardless of how unlikely and sure enough: the most unlikely of all: the actual plastic pedal assembly is broken at the base of the pivot. It's just snapped! I am very unhappy about it as it happened at the body shop they were doing some frame tweaking.

The car had a bad release bearing so when it quit on them at the shop I kind of felt bad that it caused them inconvenience, but no I completely reversed how I feel. Some yard monkey broke the pedal not knowing what he was doing and everyone just assumed it was the bearing....

closeup:

Anyways.I'll be probably trying to find a used one at the bone yard and want to make sure the RWD pedals aren't any different for whatever odd iX reason...

PS: I think my clutch is cursed...
    (.Y.) R cool.
    Falco rocks!

ew, your car has one of those plastic pedals...

I don't beleive it is ix specific. However, the pedals are specific to airbag/non-airbag cars. I'd suggest looking for a new pedal, made out of steel so it won't break :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanx nando.
      Will the metal pedal bolt in in place of the plastic no problem or will it not work as in : the brake pedal is also different and I need both?
      (.Y.) R cool.
      Falco rocks!

Comment

it should work, but honestly I'd probably get both, wouldn't want your brake pedal to break next! :o
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No kidding, but note that the brake pedal in my car IS metal.
          It's just clutch that's plastic...
          (.Y.) R cool.
          Falco rocks!

Comment

just make sure it's from a non-airbag car.

Comment

Working...
            X