No announcement yet.

popout windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have them. Great for girls in the back seat. They like to get all hot and bothered by the bass and road vibration ;-) lets them cool off a bit. I like em for the little extra chrome accent they have.

Comment

there nice when you dont have ac.. it really helps with the ventelation i think i just dont take picture with them open becsoue it looks dumb

Comment

Brilliant for flow-through ventilation, but look retarded when open.

My old E30 had them, new one just has fixed glass.
        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I have them, never use them, and hate them.

They sometimes squeak and rattle and are generally annoying. Why couldn't they have roll down rear windows like my E24? Same thing, only better and they don't look stupid when they are open like pop-outs.
          E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Never thought about having roll down windows, that would be kinda nice actually. But both of my E30's have pop-out windows and I love em. I think they look sweet when they're opened, too. :D

Matt
            Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
            I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
            Originally posted by kronus
            try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
            Originally posted by chadthestampede
            This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

When I feel like opening them I'm usualy driving and can't jump into the back seat to open them or vise versa

Comment

I hate pop outs. My arms are too short to shut them without getting in the back of the car and people always open them when they ride back there. They look dumb too.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

I'm thinking about using the rear window motors from an e46 coupe to open the e30's pop-out windows. Any one try this before?
                  1997 540i/6 - stock
                  1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                  1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

I love mine. Open with the sunroof tilted pretty much every day over 70 degrees. They can be a pain though since you have to stop and reach back there to close them. Not too handy when the PNW weather decides to change on a moment's notice...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

I like em alot. I even had put a set of the happich VW ones on a vw because of them.

Ty

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
                      R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
                        I'm thinking about using the rear window motors from an e46 coupe to open the e30's pop-out windows. Any one try this before?
                        I've got a friend with an electrical engineer degree from Purdue (I think, don't remember) that's gonna help me try to make a motor/circuit that will pop them out and close them (and lock them). He's busy as hell, though, so by the time it's done, someone else will probably have done it.

I agree with someone else, though. When I want to open them I'm usually driving and I'm not about to pull over just to open the bitches.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by europeanplates View Post
                          I like em alot. I even had put a set of the happich VW ones on a vw because of them.

Ty
                          you mean the ones that are VW FOX rear windows??? oops the secret is out now.

i really like my popouts. i took out my stationary ones and added popouts. they work well, but can make some rattles. just add solid motor and tranny mounts, the other noises will cover it up!
                          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I was thinking about working something out with a minivan motorized pop-out set-up if I ever get pop-outs. As I said before, I love them.

If anyone with pop-outs wants to trade for fixed windows, and if they're swap-able, I'd totally trade you.

Comment

I have them in my car. I open them sometimes.

Comment

my passenger one is broken... it's being held down by duct tape... :(
                                "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Working...
                                X