No announcement yet.

popout windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish my 318is had them, especially since I don't plan on reinstalling the A/C unless this summer is really brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_318i View Post
      my passenger one is broken... it's being held down by duct tape... :(
      go to a junkyard. it'll take you 5 minutes to remove the parts you need.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
        Wish my 318is had them, especially since I don't plan on reinstalling the A/C unless this summer is really brutal.
        Just get u a set and install them. Thats what i did in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bejbis View Post
          my 89 has popouts.
          Mine too :(

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          Me too, I think all non airbar cars have them. They stay open from July to October.
          Mine always stay unlocked, but they're never open, because my door doesn't shut right because of too much cabin pressure(?), but when it's open my door shuts fine and I see the window open.

Originally posted by Swede-E30 View Post
          Ak-

I am looking for some non-pops. I'll trade you mine :D!!!
          If and when I fix my drivers side door, I'll also trade for NON POP OUT WINDOWS.

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          I have them, and have almost never opened them. I think they look really retarded when they're open.
          +1
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

i love em, wish i could get an electric setup out of a minivan or something...

i go single click, 2 clicks is too much out looks kinda goofy 1.2-1.5 clicks would be perfect imo
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
              I've got a friend with an electrical engineer degree from Purdue (I think, don't remember) that's gonna help me try to make a motor/circuit that will pop them out and close them (and lock them). He's busy as hell, though, so by the time it's done, someone else will probably have done it.

I agree with someone else, though. When I want to open them I'm usually driving and I'm not about to pull over just to open the bitches.

Matt
              I have em, don't use em. I want fixed - they look less busy from the outside. Grass is always greener, huh?

If you want to open/close while on the move, I would go cable acuated over electric. Move the hinges/lock thingies to rear part of the console and fab a little bracket for the end of the cable on the window side, with an adjuster to adjust the tension (ala caliper brakes on a bicycle).
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

yeah im in the popout club =D
                Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Someone needs to reverse engineer the E36 popout motors to fit the E30 ones. The only time I want them is when I'm alone and driving.

Having said that, neither of my E30's have them, a late model and a 4dr.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

The real question is, how many of you know what speed you must be going to have them slam shut from the wind blowing against them? :)

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                      i love em, wish i could get an electric setup out of a minivan or something...

i go single click, 2 clicks is too much out looks kinda goofy 1.2-1.5 clicks would be perfect imo
                      Wait, what? They open past the click? wtf??

Matt
                      Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                      I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                      Originally posted by chadthestampede
                      This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

if any of you pop out haters want them, i have a set of stationary qtr windows with shadow line trim for free come get them if you are local or pay the shipping and they are yours.
                        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm in the "don't but wish I did" group...
                          http://www.jfalesphotography.com
                          91 318is m50nv - New toy/project
                          95 540i - Wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                            Someone needs to reverse engineer the E36 popout motors to fit the E30 ones. The only time I want them is when I'm alone and driving.

Having said that, neither of my E30's have them, a late model and a 4dr.
                            The e36's have them? I thought it was the e46's?

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                            The real question is, how many of you know what speed you must be going to have them slam shut from the wind blowing against them? :)
                            I do I do! Mine close at 80mph. lol.
                            I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                            2875-C Towerview Road
                            Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I forgot I had them....

I have a 2hour drive tomorrow...I will def be using them with the warmer weather.

Comment

my 89 has them, but I can't ever open them when I need to.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X