Body kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body kit?

I was looking for a reasonably priced body kit for my vert. I don't want anything that looks fast and furious like. What do you guys think?

You can pick up sideskirts, a front and rear valence in the parts for sale section. Your rocker panels are different than coupe/sedans, so some sideskirts wont fit.

Comment

what year is your vert first off
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

it's a 90. I heard how hard skirts are to find for a vert so that's pretty much the only reason I'm looking for something else. Like a stock looking bodykit maybe. How much do mtech's or mtech II's go for.

Comment

you can get a nice flexible plastic-like M Tech 2 kit off bay for under 700 bucks. I think its called duraflex.

Skirts wont be direct fit but with a bit of work,they will fit.
          harry/harout

Comment

What about a rep set from dtmfiberwerkz?
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
              What about a rep set from dtmfiberwerkz?
              Its not bad, but it costs more and is FRP, which is a fancy name for fiberglass.

You can flex the durflex one and nothing happens but try that with a fiberglass piece ad you got pieces.
              harry/harout

Comment

the 90 has diving boards and the late valence right?

edit: if so you can paint the bumpers body color and get an is lip and have this

edit 2: he also removed the lower trim and painted teh rockers body color. I have painted my rockers body color but kept the lower trim. If you dont have the late model valence you could get an early 325is airdam and paint the rockers and look like this

(this one also has the racing dynamics rear valence, which i could sell you if you want it i dont use it anymore)

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Do you and parkerbink have skirts on? It looks like it to me, I don't even have that. Whatever was there someone took off and did a shitty krylon job where they were. How much would you like for your rear valence? I don't like how high the back end on mine looks. Thank you all this has helped a ton guys.

Comment

the fitment on that rear end it terrible. was it made for a plastic bumper'd car and put on a DB or something?
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                      you can get a nice flexible plastic-like M Tech 2 kit off bay for under 700 bucks. I think its called duraflex.

Skirts wont be direct fit but with a bit of work,they will fit.
                      I tried to find one but couldn't? Not on ebay atleast. I looked into the dtmfiberwerkz ones and they seem alright knowing there frp. I sure hope I don't hit anything that would require extreme flexibility haha. At the same time I hear the price is decieving, as in you pay for the kit but the installation parts are also expensive, that is if I feel froggy enough to install it myself. Again thank you all for the advice.

Comment

We had a thread like this not long ago,

Anyway, since you're convertible is a '90 you have the best of both worlds so to speak. All the OEM bumper options are available to you and can be installed with minimal hassle. You can either stay with the classic look and go with the slim chrome euro bumpers and possibly a m-tech I kit.

Or you can go for a more modern look and swap on late model plastic bumpers or go all the way and put on a m-tech II kit.

If going m-tech II, personally I'd rather have a good condition, used OEM kit for around $1000 then to spend $700 - $800 on a fiberglass one that will have little resale value and also require extra work to fit on the car.

If you need some pics just let me know and I'll be happy to provide

Comment

Yea I could use some pictures! Could I have a m-tech I and keep my chrome bumper? Maybe just get aprons? I know the chrome isn't the most liked thing on e30's but I dig mine lol

Comment

mtech!

Comment

To answer you question neither of us have side skirts we hav just painted the rocker panels body color instead of the black they are normally

Comment

Working...
                              X