Flat black E34, build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be at EuroFest this Sunday.

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

Looks like a nice car ready to sand & shoot some paint on it...
      I'll bet a week's paycheck you get everyone asking what color you're going to paint it.
      ~ Paul
      aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Driver View Post
        Looks like a nice car ready to sand & shoot some paint on it...
        I'll bet a week's paycheck you get everyone asking what color you're going to paint it.
        ~ Paul
        aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
        Not sure if you are taking a jab at me or making a joke. This is satin black, as in when you detail it looks nothing like primer or stage 1 paint job.

Picture is of dirty car. This is how it looks like after cleaning:

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksey View Post
          Not sure if you are taking a jab at me or making a joke. This is satin black, as in when you detail it looks nothing like primer or stage 1 paint job.
          Maybe a little of both.
          Still looks exactly like black epoxy primer. I know it's the current trend, but it looks like primer. Not only that, but it's harder to keep clean (semi-flat paint is more porous) & can't be buffed if you get scratches.
          But hey it's your car so it doesn't bother me.
          Most BMW folks don't like my Bimmer. http://angelonearth.net/BMW.html
          ~ Paul
          aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Comment

this car is gangster as fuck.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Driver View Post
              Maybe a little of both.
              Still looks exactly like black epoxy primer. I know it's the current trend, but it looks like primer. Not only that, but it's harder to keep clean (semi-flat paint is more porous) & can't be buffed if you get scratches.
              But hey it's your car so it doesn't bother me.
              Most BMW folks don't like my Bimmer. http://angelonearth.net/BMW.html
              ~ Paul
              aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
              Like I explained previously, it looks like it because a) it's dusted to hell b) camera phone is a bit brighter giving it wrong exposure. In person it looks a lot more glossy. I seen plenty of primed and flat black cars and here is a world of a difference.

Furthermore vinyl is very, very easy to clean not sure why you are claiming other wise. I'm using 7 year commercial grade vinyl and everything just wipes off. VLR on top and you are done.

You can buff your scratches and I can remove the vinyl and re-apply it on the panel. Not to mention it's a pretty durable application in the first place.

Anyways, ignorant people and ignore list go together well. :?

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
              this car is gangster as fuck.
              Thanks man

Comment

Looks super sweet dude, I can tell how much time you've put into this.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                Originally posted by JakeP
                with a coathanger

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
                  Looks super sweet dude, I can tell how much time you've put into this.
                  :up:

Thanks, yes it's been a crazy past two months. I actually don't know what do to with my spare time now it feels weird!

Fixing up minor vinyl details tomorrow morning, putting back window trim on, detailing it and riding around with a big smile!

I'm going to EuroFest on Sunday so will post alot better pictures!

Comment

how much to wrap my car?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                      how much to wrap my car?
                      Hell no, I can't even look at vinyl now

Comment

Like I explained previously, it looks like it because a) it's dusted to hell b) camera phone is a bit brighter giving it wrong exposure. In person it looks a lot more glossy. I seen plenty of primed and flat black cars and here is a world of a difference.

Furthermore vinyl is very, very easy to clean not sure why you are claiming other wise. I'm using 7 year commercial grade vinyl and everything just wipes off. VLR on top and you are done.

You can buff your scratches and I can remove the vinyl and re-apply it on the panel. Not to mention it's a pretty durable application in the first place.

Anyways, ignorant people and ignore list go together well. :?

Thanks man
                        Yeah well I'm not ignorant ( at least not about this :p ) I've been painting cars for 40 years. I was not aware that you used vinyl, but it has the same effect. Epoxy primer has the same sheen (semi-gloss) so it still looks like primer. In fact, most of the hot rods built these days that don't want shiny paint choose epoxy primer for it's durability & semi-gloss look. The ones you've seen that are flat black either used lacquer primer or put flattening agent in their paint for the look they wanted.
                        I still think folks are going to ask you what color you're going to paint it. :D
                        ~ Paul
                        aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Comment

a flat black car that i can actually stand looking at. nice man. wouldve kept the grills chrome to pop out. maybe get an extra set?

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                            a flat black car that i can actually stand looking at. nice man. wouldve kept the grills chrome to pop out. maybe get an extra set?
                            Thank you.

Don't know about switching them to chrome I think that will be WAY in your face.

But will try to see how it would look today.

Edit: Unfortunately chrome look will look really off after doing a bit of invisioning on the car today.
                            Last edited by Aleksey; 05-21-2011, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Don't know about switching them to chrome I think that will be WAY in your face.

But will try to see how it would look today.

Edit: Unfortunately chrome look will look really off after doing a bit of invisioning on the car today.
                              hey man it's your car, just throwin the idea out. i'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the kidneys, so i thought it may be kinda cool. anyways, love the car. have an e34 in the family so this is pretty cool to see for me. usually flat black cars are spray bombed with black spray cans in 5 minutes and look like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                                hey man it's your car, just throwin the idea out. i'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the kidneys, so i thought it may be kinda cool. anyways, love the car. have an e34 in the family so this is pretty cool to see for me. usually flat black cars are spray bombed with black spray cans in 5 minutes and look like shit.
                                :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X