Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
    You sir are a pompous ass who just got
    And to add insult to injury, the roadfly post you cited even explains how clearcoat was applied from the factory... what a douche.
    Regardless, any shop that paints a car today is going to spray it with clear.
    If you read the thread at all, you would see I was referring to the original factory paint specs. If the dealer opted (it may have been an option) to clearcoat Alpineweiss or Red that's the exception and not the rule. Bottom line is, as was stated in that same roadfly thread, only metallics were two stage. My argument was not with the OP, it was with another person who claimed all Alpineweiss' cars came with clear which is just not true. I had an 87 Alpineweiss 325eS bought from the original owners and it was single stage. Anyway...stop bumping old threads without reading them thoroughly.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Yeah man, reelizmpro has been around since the dawn of time. Only metallics were base/clear up even beyond the E30, until maybe MY1995 or thereabouts.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

fuuu I wanna go to TJ but I won't be moving to san diego till may. Even then I'm not too sure if I trust leaving my e30 m down there....

Comment

guys most mexican shops like that take pride in their work they sorta have to considering the fact that theyd NEVER get customers. and they weld metal back into rust spots making the car a whole again. my dad had his 72 k5 painted down there like 3 years ago? and its still looking great. no chips or waves in the paint what so ever. oh oh and the tacos are good too. +1 point mexico.

Comment

would love to do a road trip down there just to get the car painted

Comment

Guys.. You don't have to go down south to get a good paint job for an affordable price. There are plenty of decent painters here in San Diego that use the same methods of old (except for using lead based anything of course wink-wink) The guy who did my M3 lives here but is Mexiacan and does jobs for about a $1000 depending on how bad the car needs work. A lot of people are kind of gun-shy about driving across the border.I know I am but, bottom line is you need to hunt for YOUR bargain.

Here is my build thread on My M3... Don't be scuuurrrrrd!

Here is my 316 touring build and also the painter is from San Diego but Mexiacn
              90 Merc Gaelendewagen
              91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
              91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
              91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
              84 Alpina B6 #25/250
              86 Zino BBS coupe
              86 Schwartz 535i
              88 Alpineweis M3
              88 Alpineweis M3

Comment

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and noticed that both Mr. Wiggles and Carloserna (above) had some positive experience with some paint/body guys in Tijuana (Carloserna) and San Diego (Mr. Wiggles).

Could you share the contact information for these guys? I'm sure many of us would certainly appreciate the leads!

Thanks!

Comment

Why no East Coast love? Anyone know for a re-spray?

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                    Dang. Great deal. Too bad Canadians don't do work like this....
                    Ditto! Lazy good for nothing Canadians.
                    WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                      Why no East Coast love? Anyone know for a re-spray?

Well there are those guys in Jersey who have painted a few e30s....
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Well there are those guys in Jersey who have painted a few e30s....
                        I heard the quality isn't half vlad.
                        -Peter
                        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                        '91 318is slicktop project
                        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                        '00 Tundra

Comment

$150 to install the top?

looks like i'm headed to TJ

btw where'd you get your top from?

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Any updates I'm planning on doing a tj paint job

Comment

Lol old thread. Why not find out for yourself since your in SD. ^

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to be painting my car at los ponchos next week. Hopefully the quality of work is still good.. If anyone is interested I'll keep you posted with pictures of the progress

Comment

Working...
                                X