Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Vert - How to remove factory front metal valence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!
    We were successful!

- Frank
    '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
    http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
    Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
      theres's also a gap on corner where fender meets bumper, that will be noticible if a US (early) or no valance is used.
      get a euro unit with slot for oil cooler !

mt1 fronts come for Automatics with no oil cooler slot and manual with single or dual slots ;)

fogs mount to mt1 not valance and MB fog lights can be used a frenchie low/hi beams

here's my us 87 325ic, from db's to mt1 with euro valance from manual transmition car.,
      notice that mt1 fog mount points clear through the valence opening

single slot :(

my Dual slot :)
      Which mb fog lights work with mtech 1?

Comment

​Greetings,

I apologize for the thread bump, but I've scoured the internet far and wide for the answer I'm looking for and this contains the most detailed description I've found (Thank you Ceeker ). I'm looking for some help regarding my '87 vert front bumper. Last night, while attempting to remove the front bumper, I was able to access 2 of the 4 nuts holding the bumper shock to the bumper. Luckily, it appears the PO had the same issue and therefore only these 2 nuts were installed, thus I was able to remove the bumper. However, I would like to reinstall it correctly, ie, all 4 nuts. My problem: I see no physical way to access the inside nuts (circled in yellow in picture below). I cannot fit my hand in there to access these nuts, and I've tried every combination of extension, ratchet, wrench, swivel and wobble imaginable, to no avail. There is simply no clearance whatsoever. Am I missing something? I have searched for hours and every writeup or video pertains to the later model bumpers with accessible hex bolts from below. I would greatly appreciate any help! Few pics attached to illustrate my struggle. I remain perplexed. Is there a way to adjust/install the bumper with more clearance between it and the lower front panel?

TYIA,
        J​
        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if it helps in your case (I have a different valance), but I always remove the bumper shocks with the bumper.

That is to say, I unbolt the bumper shocks from the car and remove them still-attached to the bumper.

Comment

Working...
          X