Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MATTE ORANGE! opionions? PICs in a week.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MATTE ORANGE! opionions? PICs in a week.

do you guys think "Semi matte orange" on a 1987 four door BMW e30? i took my car to a local shop today to get my car painted. chose orange because i like it and its unique. and they told me if i went with a full gloss. i would see the bumps alot more.. so matte orange. what do you guys think? here is a picture of my car now, primer Grey with bad pulled fender lips.

hopefully it turns out good, matte orange body, matte black grill, mirrors, rims, chrome window trim painted matte black. i think its going to look great, maybe even white rims. if anyone would like to photo shop this please do! thanks guys!

the bumps? what did they mean; dings and dents that may occur through out the DD'ing of an e30? or are they reffering to the imperfections in their painting?

if its the later, then fuck them.

edit:

hope they dont mean orange peal, no excuse for that but poor paint job

Comment

my roof and trunk have like waves in them only noticeable by running your hand across them and they say gloss paint with highlight those waves in the roof and trunk lid. and all the slight door dings i would get would show it more.

Comment

how much are you paying to have this work done?

Comment

so you're getting a paint job without doing body work?
          hmmm

regardless, matte would hide it more yes, non-reflective

Comment

I see that in the time between when the pictures were taken you upgraded from the Canon Potatotographer to the Canon 2 megapixel Appletographer with optional digital zoom.
            Last edited by Danny; 02-27-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

l oooooooooolll

Comment

lol sorry for the crappy pictures. and 800 for thhis mnor body work and the paint.

Comment

It looks like you need a lot more than "minor bodywork" if you're going to pay somebody to paint your car...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

The first picture is a iPhone 4 its just edited alot. The second does suck but its all i got right now. What do you guys think about my color choice? I am getting minor body work they charging me alot just to fix 2 fenders. Hopefully it comes out looking good im kind of scared that it will just enhance the flaws in my trunk, hood, and roof. but i guess anythings better then Grey primer

Comment

1. go to a junkyard and get new fenders. itll be cheaper.
                      2. you need a front plastic bumper. I have one so buy it
                      3. prep the car properly before you paint it
                      4. dont you dare paint the wiper arms orange. i see them primed already

that is all

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        1. go to a junkyard and get new fenders. itll be cheaper.
                        2. you need a front plastic bumper. I have one so buy it
                        3. prep the car properly before you paint it
                        4. dont you dare paint the wiper arms orange. i see them primed already

that is all

Lol! who ever primered the car did everything including the wipers, gas cap, antenna. dont know why haha. I have a plastic front bumper its just not on in the pictures. what do you think of the color?

Comment

there are so many shades of orange. what are you thinking of?

inka would be sweet

but i think you got bigger problems than what color to paint it if it needs that much body work.

Comment

hellrot orange is the only bmw orange.

Comment

go to the junkyard and get fenders. if you're too lazy to do that I have a set for sale. please. I think a burnt orange in matte or low gloss would look awesome, but not a a beat car. Get the fenders, install and prime them, then use all the extra money from the fender work to fix your trunk and hood problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X