Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blitz Black Turbo E30 (old thread was about Plasti-dip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep us updated with pictures. thinking about doing the same to my car as well. what color are you doin?

Comment

FSUBJP did his whole car, personally I disliked it highly, but you may find it better...

I don't see much point other than that you can change the whole car's color and then peel it off later.

Comment

Originally posted by singh336 View Post

you can't compare a paint job with this, it's not the same thing.
        You're right. This is far, far worse. ;)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I really have a strong feeling that it'll be an absolute bitch to get off. 95-98% will come off in 5 minutes, all the other little bits in random places will take forever to get off.
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I've used it before and it's great if you never ever have to physically have to come into contact with it...
            Valley Motorwerks
            1988 E30M3

sigpic

Comment

Question: I seem too see a lot of this "spray plastic" and "wrapping the car" so it looks flat black, is there something wrong with buying a sander and some flat black paint because I'm doing it that way cause with my E34 and it looks pretty bad ass. All I have left is the hood and the top of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtripp3 View Post
                Question: I seem too see a lot of this "spray plastic" and "wrapping the car" so it looks flat black, is there something wrong with buying a sander and some flat black paint because I'm doing it that way cause with my E34 and it looks pretty bad ass. All I have left is the hood and the top of the car.
                Flat roller or spray? Rattle can flat black will look absolutely terrible because you'll probably see every line that you sprayed. A professional matte black will look decent, but in the end you still have a matte black car which tends to look really bad unless it's a super unique, super new, high end car. Plasti-dip and vinyl wraps aren't permanent (sort of) and can look better than spray paint.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I used some primer/paint that I got from wal-mart spray can. I took this 2 days ago and I find it good enough for me. Actually I really like it. But thats just me
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dtripp3; 05-20-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

And it used to look like this, so really anything is better.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is what a real flat black paint job looks like. 3-4 coats (from memory) with Eastwood Hotrod black. I will put up some other shots one day.

You really need to know what you are doing as each and every little line/run/error will show up like dogs balls and its not like you can just polish them out...
                      Attached Files

Comment

paint it.

Comment

I used some primer/paint that I got from wal-mart spray can. I took this 2 days ago and I find it good enough for me. Actually I really like it. But thats just me
                          I'm sorry but that looks absolutely terrible. It's not even all black, its like whitish. What'd you pay, like $1.50 a can?
                          And it used to look like this, so really anything is better.
                          Could have just polished that and it'd look pretty damn good. Even if it didn't look good, it'd look better than what you did.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

If you are happy then that is all that matters and it does look better than what it did before..

Here is a better shot of what it should look like (My car, photo taken by MR325 @ bimmerfest)

David
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                              I'm sorry but that looks absolutely terrible. It's not even all black, its like whitish. What'd you pay, like $1.50 a can?
                              1st off its not done that was just one coat to show what i was working on (@blkbma I am planning to give it at least 2 more coats). 2nd that is just your opinion, I also don't see where you see its "whitish" may be its just an bit of light reflection.

Comment

Originally posted by blkbma View Post
                                If you are happy then that is all that matters and it does look better than what it did before..

Here is a better shot of what it should look like (My car, photo taken by MR325 @ bimmerfest)

David
                                I really love how your car looks the gun metal black is amazing and yours turned out really good +1

Comment

Working...
                                X