Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blitz Black Turbo E30 (old thread was about Plasti-dip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen it done. Have used it myself. Personally hate the texture. More useful for insulation & sound deadening.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

My friend plasti dipped his wheels on his benz and they held up fine for over half a year... he sold the car so who knows how they are still holding up.

Comment

I don't like the flatness of the plasti dip so my final coat I put on dry to get a textured look. Here's my A's done until I have cash to properly powder coat them

There still a bit wet and the flash washed out the black a bit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

seems like a big waste of time and $$ since it wont hold up and will rub off

Comment

Originally posted by DrtyE30 View Post
            I'm dipping my car because I want to do something different, I have a booth that I paint out of and have paint. I would rather dip my car now so I can focus on putting my turbo and megasquirt in. When that's all done and I feel like it I will really spray it. I'm doing it one day this week, I'll post pics of the after math!

Any updates on this? Can you post up some pics of he finished product?

Thanks
            sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
              Any updates on this? Can you post up some pics of he finished product?

Thanks
              he didn't follow through, but all of it is still in my garage if you would like to $$ it.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

I used plasidip on my front grills. It holds up great, been through many washes with no fading. I cleaned all my grills with simple green then rinsed in a 90/10 mix of water/alchohol. That alone cleaned them up nicely, then I got the little spray adapter for the can and sprayed 5-6 thin coats and made sure to wipe it clean between coats as it can clog up. Shake the hell out off that stuff before you start and while you wait between coats. There is a technique to getting good coverage and you definitely need to let each coat partially cure for at least 15 minutes before applying the next. If your doing a whole car, I think the pro kit is the only way to go https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?cat=15 so you can apply thin even coats over a larger surface area vs. the spray can. There is a little texture but if you can master the art of dusting the coats I think the finish will be much smoother.

Great for trim pieces, not completely sold on doing a whole car. But it's cheap and it's non-destructive for the most part.

Also if applied correctly to the right surface it will not simply rub off. For a car, I would suggest making sure there is no wax on it.
                Last edited by djmossm42; 12-06-2012, 05:08 AM.
                Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

I uesd pastidip on my red painted door mouldings and it looks better and has lasted three months with only a scratch because someone hit my car with their door.

I'm going to plastidip my feet so I don't have to match socks after I wash them.
                  -Art

Comment

I know a guy who did his Sky. Turned out pretty damn good for 200 bucks.

Looked good enough his friends did it too...
                    What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                    90 325ix

Comment

pics
                      sigpic
                      Hans
                      Drive Proper

Comment

Im doing my whole car soon. Im just waiting on a free weekend to do this. Its also a dedicated track car so I expect it to hold up and last much longer than a dd car. I have the plasti dip pro kit.

Comment

Like yeah - you could do the whole car..

but I would hold off on doing the windows..
                          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                            The first time you rub ANYTHING up against it, it will rub off in that spot, and then there's no way to fix it.
                            lol so i cant rub my dick on my car everyday anymore
                            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                              The first time you rub ANYTHING up against it, it will rub off in that spot, and then there's no way to fix it.
                              Thats strange, my buddy plastidipped his FD track car. Just use some paint thinner and scratches go away, or just respray that section.

Comment

^^ this is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X