X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubbajan21
    replied
    Car looks awesome!
    Last edited by bubbajan21; 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wu99wu
    replied
    sup got driverside dorr jams done, whatta nightmare, took around 3hrs to just do 1 side!... slowly but surely... it will be done...

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Yo, I like it!!! Good job, Kid. I want mine shiny, but that's just me- I do like the aura around yours. Please get some good pitures in light or the Sun when you are done. Jon

Leave a comment:

• Nsquared97
    replied
    Keep it up! Can't wait to see this finished.

Leave a comment:

• grays
    replied
    nice work. looks like i might use this for shadowline

Leave a comment:

• wu99wu
    replied
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sup sup, put in some more time on the e30 here n there. so got the lower valence area done front & back, wrapped the trunk jams, started a bit on the door jams. still lots of work to go! stay tuned! Wu! Wraps

Leave a comment:

• wu99wu
    replied
    Roysneon: In USA i buy from www.fellers.com, www.midwestsignsupply.com, auto vinyl solutions (AVS). iono bout international...

kmarei: thanks for the comments!

Leave a comment:

• kmarei
    replied
    Reminds me of the deloreans paint finish :)
    Great job

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    Where exactly did you order from? I'm interested in doing this for my touring. I'm assuming ever single panel needs to be a full sheet, no piecing them together? How do you get the vinyl to bend around corners for things like the corners of doors or hoods?

Leave a comment:

• wu99wu
    replied
    update:

thanks guys for all the comments! so i haven't been on the car for a while, too cold, not good lighting, got a day job so don't feel like hittin it hard on the weekdays after 6pm....

so i got the front splitter done, the trunk jams, both sides of the car, and started on the door jams. pics will be up soon! sorry for the long delay on the pics guys...

as for materials, i'm not sure exactly how much you need, but key would be to measure the car 1st, and them order materials. but you prob need around 45-50' of material. prob cost around $400/450'ish for the materials.

as for weight, don't worry about it, can't be more than 7-10lbs, not like your gonna scrape your car after wrapping it...

Leave a comment:

• willworkfore30s
    replied
    15 yrds. 5 to waste

Leave a comment:

• madsedan
    replied
    How much of this stuff does it take to do the car, coupe in particular.
    I was thinking about filling/sanding the dents/dings and shaving the antenna and doing mine in matte white just so I don't have to bother with jambs as I'm already Alpineweiss.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    In for more pics!

Leave a comment:

• J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
    I figured up that I am going to need about 10 yards of 60" material to wrap my coupe. Shipping weight for a 5yd x 60" roll is 4.6lbs. So two rolls of that will be 9.2lbs. Subtract the cardboard tube in the middle and all the waste and I'd estimate you are adding about 8lbs to the car.
    oh wow that's less than what I thought. nice. I still wonder how much plastidip adds though. layer after layer of rubber? has to be a lot.

Leave a comment:

• willworkfore30s
    replied
    did you weigh all the wrap you used? i've always really really wondered how many pounds a full wrap adds to your car.
    I figured up that I am going to need about 10 yards of 60" material to wrap my coupe. Shipping weight for a 5yd x 60" roll is 4.6lbs. So two rolls of that will be 9.2lbs. Subtract the cardboard tube in the middle and all the waste and I'd estimate you are adding about 8lbs to the car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X