GI: Custom made, carbon fiber body work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI: Custom made, carbon fiber body work

So I have a good friend of mine who works in a respectable body shop, he is doing custom work on the side and is in the middle of making a custom one off carbon fiber rear diffuser for his 2011 WRX.

Here is the mold he made for his car sitting under mine as an example of what it could look like.

It can be as wide, aggressive, subtle, high or low as we would want..just something multiple people would agree on.

Personally, I like this one...just a little less aggressive on the sides and I would want the sides to stick out maybe an inch on each side.

Opinions, interest? If he gets enough people committed to this, he can get started on the mold soon and start laying the carbon fiber.

No fiberglass as of right now...just carbon.

Asking price would be roughly $400 give or take on how big we decide on.

PICS:

Also considering CF sunroof panel replacement and a trunk lid.

Pretty much anything, so long as there is interest and committed buyers
    Last edited by InNeedOfBoost; 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM.
    1991 318is - Daily/weekend track car.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste...

Always wondered what a diffuser would look like. Not sure how I feel. Find a way to make half decent canards up front & u may be onto something

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

If you found a way to integrate it into the rear apron I think it would look much better.

Comment

We thought about canards, but our valences are just too square for them...they would look out of place.

He can do anything in CF really, so long as it doesn't have some crazy angles.

He was thinking of doing CF sunroof replacements, and possibly a trunk lid as well...just need interest.

Comment

Only CF sunroof panel that still lets your sunroof function properly retails over $600, these would be less and still be high quality.

Same goes for the trunk

Comment

What about a CF sunroof insert, I have the whole thing stripped for track just need to plug the hole. Make one and send it to me!! I'll rep it hard for you guys.
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

....btw, what flares are on your car? I know thats a little off topic, just curious.
              sigpic

Comment

That's what I was talking about...an insert. I'd be down to rock one...he just wants to have at least a couple of committed buyers before getting the material. I'd let him use my OE one as a mold...lol

Oh, the flares are the Kamotors flares.

Comment

What are we talking for price, I can't justify some crazy $400 for a 1.5'x2.5' piece haha.
                  sigpic

Comment

That is sweet. Can you see how/if it would work on an early model?

Also how about a front splitter? I have a Ryan g one on my car and love it but looking for something a bit larger/more aggressive. Again for an early model front valance, which should be easier then late as it's just a flat piece.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
                      That's what I was talking about...an insert. I'd be down to rock one...he just wants to have at least a couple of committed buyers before getting the material. I'd let him use my OE one as a mold...lol

Oh, the flares are the Kamotors flares.
                      fyi is youre making a plug, it need do be larger than a oem sun roof to fit snug

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                        What are we talking for price, I can't justify some crazy $400 for a 1.5'x2.5' piece haha.
                        Not too sure on pricing yet for that one...but he said definitely a lot less then the VAC one.

oliver...if he made one, it would be a direct fit for the stock one.

We considered a splitter...depends on how people would want it to look. He was thinking of making one for the iS lip (since I have one he can use to mock up with) but it would go back further then most, probably as far back as the back of the oil pan.

Comment

What oliver is saying is there is a rubber seal that mounts around the stock insert, to eliminate that you'd have to make the CF one slightly larger.
                          sigpic

Comment

you may want to model the M3's underside. on the stock M3 they filled all around the spare tire with plastic.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

I'd be seriously interested in the rear diffuser but I doubt it would fit correct on an early model with no rear apron.

Also front splitter might be nice going to y the pan but I also run a skid plate... Not sure how that would work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Working...
                              X