Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Fiber- Hoping to find interest... Need your input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber- Hoping to find interest... Need your input!

Hello all. I am starting this thread to see what kind of interest you all may have in custom carbon fiber parts for our E30's. I am willing to waive the molding fee if we can get enough interest, and we can start developing pieces that do not currently exist. I can also become quite competitive with any carbon pieces that are currently on the market, but need to start with a minimum of 20 pieces vouched for before we put them to market. Think of ANYTHING your hearts desire that you would like to see done. The carbon pieces being made will be of the highest quality, and coated with a clear gel that will not fade, crack or yellow. As I said, if you can think of it, and enough interest is found, I will make the molds, and go to town!

this is probably the 1000th thread posted like this, and none of them have ever became an actual production model.

that being said, functional sunroof, front fenders, some kinda nice front lip, all would be nice.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

M3 front/rear fenders (rears bolt on or so), fender flares.

But as stated... Noting ever happens with these threads. Not being a dick we just see this all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

working with carbon fiber stinks lol, make a decent priced hood and trunk

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          working with carbon fiber stinks lol, make a decent fitting and priced hood and trunk
          Fixed.
          88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            this is probably the 1000th thread posted like this, and none of them have ever became an actual production model.

that being said, functional sunroof, front fenders, some kinda nice front lip, all would be nice.
            I understand that there are a lot of threads on this subject. I am not here to be another one of "those guys". My friends and I had a sit down with the owner of VIS Racing today, and he is going to help us create any products that are not currently available, or are high cost that we can get out to the forums. It is not just here, but we are looking to expand the market internationally for all makes/models. For people looking for specific items that may not exist or are too high in price to afford, I am here to offer you a solution. Since I personally am a member of the E30 community, my first place to stop and hopefully get some good input is here. I appreciate the feedback! Understand that the interest would need to be relatively high only because he has offered to waive the mold fee (thousands of dollars) if we can start making large runs on these pieces. I have seen the quality of the product, and it is outstanding. I'm liking the front lip idea. I actually had a volvo lip sitting in my garage and was staring at it wondering if anyone would be interested in it if it were carbon, i tend to break lips often, so I wasn't too sure. LOL. Some other ideas I had were an "is" rear carbon spoiler, fender flares (as you mentioned), possible center console, door trim, and dash. Once again, anything is possible at this point. It comes down to interest. If I start seeing a trend in what you guys want, I will put the wheels in motion. We could do hoods, trunks, fenders etc... but there is already a large market there. We could, however, get the prices down IF there is enough interest! Lets keep the thread rolling, and make it happen!
            Last edited by TheShopSoCal; 03-13-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Make the largest body parts like hood, trunk and so on and not a cf gas filler door.
              Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                working with carbon fiber stinks lol, make a decent priced hood and trunk
                We are working direct with the manufacturer. If you are looking for something that they already make, let me know, and I can see what kind of pricing we can get. PS... That was you on TUNED, no?

Comment

+1 to a functional sunroof. There are already carbon sunroof Plugs on eBay, so if you make one, make it functional. It took me 6 months to find a relatively rust free sunroof, and even that won't last forever.

Fenders, m3 fenders, and other panels would be nice, but it would be even better if they had interply Kevlar layers to aid in durability and to help resist shattering.

And I'm assuming this is going to be vacuum bagged or something, not just resin rich backyard layups
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Every 6 months like clockwork...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

How about a custom m20 intake manifold ;D

Those images are borrowed from the web, credit to whoever made them.

Comment

Valve cover, M3 wire harness cover, fuse box cover, Airboxes, over-fenders/flares, battery covers, rear spoilers(vote on a style?), M3 C-pillar & trunk, IS lip splitters, door cards, rear gutted seat covers.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

A CF dash pad cap would be nice.
                          sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                            Fixed.
                            Originally posted by TheShopSoCal View Post
                            My friends and I had a sit down with the owner of VIS Racing today, and he is going to help us create
                            Don't expect anything positive Matt. :weak:
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I would be in for is lips, splitters, a new flap for my zender wing, mirrors, and a nice hood that fits like oem. Also M/SXX valve covers.

Originally posted by blunttech
                              Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                              X