Cabrio Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio Hardtop

so it is getting to be time for me to put the hardtop on my cabbie but i cant seem to find the wires that plug into it for the defroster on the rear window. the hardtop has two wires (one around each mounting point in the back) for the built in defroster and it seems like there is supposed to be corresponding wires inside the softop compartment. does anyone know if there is a specific year that they started putting them in? if the cabbie owners could look in there and tell me if they find anything that would be much appriciated
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Bump
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

uh... what wires... the ground for the window is on the steak holes that the hardtop pins slide into... why would you need to plug anything in?

Comment

just cause he gets ground from the pins doesnt mean he gets power...

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

tru

tru, I was assuming everything is fine, and he was looking for something to plug in to the car.

Comment

im looking for the wires to the defroster

Comment

OT, you need to put Euro bumpers on that cabby stat.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                OT, you need to put Euro bumpers on that cabby stat.
                euro bumpers are a little out of reach for me but sometime this spring or summer i'll try to put a late model front valence and bumper in the front and plastic bumper in the back with a valence like backtrail69's in the back. or maby an Mtec-2 replica. should be reletivly streight forward because i have late arches in the back

Comment

No no no no. Euro bumpers on you car would be tits!
                  sigpic

Comment

well im not sure on the rear bumper fitment on those becuase the chrome euro bumpers came on early arch cars before the facelift so they fit cars like toms but my car has late arches so wouldent they be too long? ive been pondering this for a while so thats why i havent really looked into euro bumpers much even though they would look better

Comment

I have the same problem. I am not sure how it is supposed to work. I put my defrost button on and the front works fine but nothing happens in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettM View Post
                        I have the same problem. I am not sure how it is supposed to work. I put my defrost button on and the front works fine but nothing happens in the rear.
                        you talking about defroster on your hardtop?

Comment

BUMP and input on hardtop or euro bumpers?

Comment

bump again, i almost have the hardtop painted and want to throw it on:p

Comment

There are no wires for the defroster on the hardtop. Maybe your connection is loose somewhere.
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X