Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome opinions please

all right i am torn betwenn keep my car the way it is:

OR paint the lip and add painted taurus skirts. what do you guys think?
    sigpic

Skirt's for sure, Dont know about the taurus ones as I like OEM IS skirts more. I like the contrast of the lip though, I would keep it black. But if your set on Taurus skirts I say go for it!

Comment

Looks good as is. Big no on the side skirts.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

i prefer painted lips

i'm with dave regarding the skirts
        My Feedback

Comment

ya painted lips look cool from the front, but they look like a half assed snow plow from any other angle without some sort of skirt to bring the profile level
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with you, I prefer the lip painted but it needs to flow with the profile of the car. I like the Taurus skirts, but you could also paint your rockers body color to even out the profile.

BTW, a pic of your car is my pc wallpaper.
            "Life is hard...it's a lot harder if you're stupid."

Tom
            72 2002
            87 327i
            88 525i
            88 535i
            03 530i

Comment

Originally posted by h82crash View Post
              I agree with you, I prefer the lip painted but it needs to flow with the profile of the car. I like the Taurus skirts, but you could also paint your rockers body color to even out the profile.

BTW, a pic of your car is my pc wallpaper.
              haha, i never would have thought my car would have been someones wallpaper. thank you, its very flattering. but i can't just paint the rockers that looks cheap. damn i cannot make up my mind. more input please!!
              sigpic

Comment

Lip black, sideskirts black as well.

Comment

save money, buy "IS" skirts and paint both. don't get taurus skirts
                  sigpic

Comment

looks good as is to me
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

Its alright. Wouldnt really change it.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Ya know what?, them skirts are cheap. Find a close color in a rattle can and throw them up to see how they look. If you like, finish the mods to them, have 'em pro painted and mount them. Anyway, its YOUR car. If you like it, thats what matters. There's always someone to throw in a neg $.02. Your car rocks, I dont think skirts are gonna F it up. Then again my opinion might be <$.02, you can see my heap on the projects forum.

Could you elaborate your opinion that painted rockers look cheap? I always thought the black was BMW making a short cut to "hide" the details on the rockers, ie the jack points and anti-chip. Most other cars have skirts or are finished down to the bottom.
                        "Life is hard...it's a lot harder if you're stupid."

Tom
                        72 2002
                        87 327i
                        88 525i
                        88 535i
                        03 530i

Comment

body colour rockers and lip, or painter skirts. Looks good right now... you cant go wrong changing it or staying with it
                          sigpicWhite Rock Crew

Comment

looks good for the most part. i just see random "themes" going on that is really throwing me off. smoked headlights, bumper lights, front markers. but not the fogs or the rear markers? i thought is's had body colored mirrors? id like to see: body color mirrors, is skirts (not taurus PLEASE) body matched, is spoiler body color, also the under bumper trim. if youre gonna keep the front markers red, make them unsmoked. light smoke laminx on the fogs. turns are fine though. this would leave the shadowline, rub strips and bumper strips black.

Comment

i say painted is skirts with body color front lip with black splitter
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X