Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CATuned Mtech body kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CATuned Mtech body kit

    CATuned made an mtech body kit made of plastic composite. Anyone one think these are worth? For those planning on buying, reviews? Thanks guys

    #2
    Subscribing to this thread. I'm also on the search for Mt1 body kit. Just found out recently that Mr body kits in Australia does not ship to California.

    Comment


      #3
      I've been contemplating buying the MTech2 set, but they only seem to have it for coupes and not convertibles, so I would have to source some side skirts and possibly door pods, so I don't really know if it's worth it.
      Instagram
      Build Thread

      F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
      F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
      E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
      E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
      E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

      Comment


        #4
        Igor, owner of CA tuned usually builds high end cars for SEMA every year so you can assume the parts that he offers/produces are of high quality because he know they will be scrutinized by industry professionals at various events. He has also been building custom BMWs and cars since he was a child and is one of the best at it. I would completely trust his products.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bnardog View Post
          Subscribing to this thread. I'm also on the search for Mt1 body kit. Just found out recently that Mr body kits in Australia does not ship to California.
          yeah I was contemplating their kit too but saw they didn’t ship here.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
            Igor, owner of CA tuned usually builds high end cars for SEMA every year so you can assume the parts that he offers/produces are of high quality because he know they will be scrutinized by industry professionals at various events. He has also been building custom BMWs and cars since he was a child and is one of the best at it. I would completely trust his products.
            I saw some of his Sema builds which helped with his credibility big time.

            Comment


              #7
              I am following this as well, I have an OE Mtech II kit, but I was thinking if I ever get a Vert I want to make it MT2 as well and they are really hard to come by now. I dont want a fiberglass one so I am really interested in seeing how these turn out. CA Tuned makes some awesome stuff so I am sure it will look great.
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                I am following this as well, I have an OE Mtech II kit, but I was thinking if I ever get a Vert I want to make it MT2 as well and they are really hard to come by now. I dont want a fiberglass one so I am really interested in seeing how these turn out. CA Tuned makes some awesome stuff so I am sure it will look great.
                What is the difference between the plastic composite vs the fiberglass ones?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Bnardog View Post

                  What is the difference between the plastic composite vs the fiberglass ones?
                  Fiberglass is brittle and usually needs a lot of work to get it to fit to the body lines of the car. It's also usually not easy to repair. The plastic composite is much closer to polypropylene, which is what bumpers are usually made out of from car manufacturers.
                  Instagram
                  Build Thread

                  F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
                  F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
                  E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
                  E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
                  E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by venerated View Post

                    Fiberglass is brittle and usually needs a lot of work to get it to fit to the body lines of the car. It's also usually not easy to repair. The plastic composite is much closer to polypropylene, which is what bumpers are usually made out of from car manufacturers.
                    This!! Every FRP one I have seen fits like garbage and once it gets a little damage the paint cracks to shit. They just look and fit bad.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X