CATuned Mtech body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venerated View Post

They have sedan and touring as well. Convertible can use coupe, but sideskirts and door pods need modification. I plan to put it on my convertible.
    I am definitely interested. Cant wait for your install. Please keep us in the loop with your install.
    Rule of Thumb:

Work Hard, Drive Hard ! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by venerated View Post

They have sedan and touring as well. Convertible can use coupe, but sideskirts and door pods need modification. I plan to put it on my convertible.
      Only side skirts have to be modified.
      sigpic

Comment

IG: echiiirty has these bumpers on his vert and they actually look and fit really good.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          IG: echiiirty has these bumpers on his vert and they actually look and fit really good.
          hey thanks for posting this up. I spoke with echiiirty today and he was super nice and very helpful. Based on that conversation I went ahead and ordered the kit today.

I will do a full fit test and review when it arrives which shouldn’t be too long as I’m just a state north of CATuned and per my conversation with them today the kit is in stock!

Comment

Originally posted by keiran View Post

hey thanks for posting this up. I spoke with echiiirty today and he was super nice and very helpful. Based on that conversation I went ahead and ordered the kit today.

I will do a full fit test and review when it arrives which shouldn’t be too long as I’m just a state north of CATuned and per my conversation with them today the kit is in stock!
            Sounds good man, I'll look forward to it.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Keiran,

Any update on the purchase?
              I have a sedan. and would like to order either the Mtech 2 or the M3 body kit. I believe they have both available for the sedan.

Z
              Rule of Thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Zackemcor View Post

Hi Keiran,

Any update on the purchase?
                I have a sedan. and would like to order either the Mtech 2 or the M3 body kit. I believe they have both available for the sedan.

Z
                Yeah y'all, so sorry - I've been busy b/t work and working on the car and not thinking much about it. I wanted to start a build thread, but I don't know that I will keep up with it appropriately so if anyone wants to follow along you can find me on insta @someonesaveus

That aside I've been a little slow getting the whole kit on as I've been also teaching myself how to vinyl wrap as I go. I do now have the front, rear, and one full side all fit at this point and my notes are:

Pros
                • Fit is fantastic - save for the challenge of actually getting things aligned correctly on 30 year body panels.
                • The body panels are seemingly indestructible
                  • The Plastic is highly flexible and durable. I've already scraped the front bumper a few times and expected tragedy and instead was met with a little rash to clean up and a bumper that kept it's form with no signs of cracking
                • Catuned has been very responsive.
                  • All the questions I've had have been answered in timely fashions without any suggestion of them being stupid, or not worth their time (despite both probably being true ;))
                Cons
                • Despite claims the kit is not entirely paint/wrap ready. There were some bad rough spots and inconsistencies in the primer on the panels that required wet sanding on most of the panels, and with the front bumper specifically I needed to sand it all the way down to the plastic and redo the primer.
                Nice to haves
                • I really wish it didn't have a cutout for a front plate, or at least had the ability to fill it. I know that's not authentic, but if you're trying to rep this as OEM - stop.
                • No instructions.
                  • It would be great to have even the most basic instructions. What screws to use where, what was their intent with what's included?
                • On the fit front:
                  • I wish that it more intuitively used some of the mounting points on the car for IS skirts, or side trim. Certainly you can screw from the inside out into the door pods for example and there are places on the pods to do that - however the screws that came with it are too long, and it's not immediately obvious if this is intended (see no instructions)
                  • Additionally the door pods are a bit confusing (see images) as the door pod specifically for the coupe is shorter than the door and clearly meant to be mounted somewhat centered on the door, but the way the part is molded this isn't immediately obvious as it snaps in in the fully rear position which leaves a good 3/4 inch or so gap in front.
                Overall I'm very happy. I had been collecting OEM parts for a full OEM kit, but actually ended up putting aside some of those in favor of the kit pieces (door pods specifically) due to the quality of this. So I'm actually only currently running the OEM spoiler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9B9C2040-FADA-48C5-A161-EA8FBFA59B26.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	10033118

Comment

Oooweee! That looks good, thanks for the update.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good to know thanks for the update!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Yeah y'all, so sorry - I've been busy b/t work and working on the car and not thinking much about it. I wanted to start a build thread, but I don't know that I will keep up with it appropriately so if anyone wants to follow along you can find me on insta @someonesaveus

That aside I've been a little slow getting the whole kit on as I've been also teaching myself how to vinyl wrap as I go. I do now have the front, rear, and one full side all fit at this point and my notes are:

Pros
                      • Fit is fantastic - save for the challenge of actually getting things aligned correctly on 30 year body panels.
                      • The body panels are seemingly indestructible
                        • The Plastic is highly flexible and durable. I've already scraped the front bumper a few times and expected tragedy and instead was met with a little rash to clean up and a bumper that kept it's form with no signs of cracking
                      • Catuned has been very responsive.
                        • All the questions I've had have been answered in timely fashions without any suggestion of them being stupid, or not worth their time (despite both probably being true ;))
                      Cons
                      • Despite claims the kit is not entirely paint/wrap ready. There were some bad rough spots and inconsistencies in the primer on the panels that required wet sanding on most of the panels, and with the front bumper specifically I needed to sand it all the way down to the plastic and redo the primer.
                      Nice to haves
                      • I really wish it didn't have a cutout for a front plate, or at least had the ability to fill it. I know that's not authentic, but if you're trying to rep this as OEM - stop.
                      • No instructions.
                        • It would be great to have even the most basic instructions. What screws to use where, what was their intent with what's included?
                      • On the fit front:
                        • I wish that it more intuitively used some of the mounting points on the car for IS skirts, or side trim. Certainly you can screw from the inside out into the door pods for example and there are places on the pods to do that - however the screws that came with it are too long, and it's not immediately obvious if this is intended (see no instructions)
                        • Additionally the door pods are a bit confusing (see images) as the door pod specifically for the coupe is shorter than the door and clearly meant to be mounted somewhat centered on the door, but the way the part is molded this isn't immediately obvious as it snaps in in the fully rear position which leaves a good 3/4 inch or so gap in front.
                      Overall I'm very happy. I had been collecting OEM parts for a full OEM kit, but actually ended up putting aside some of those in favor of the kit pieces (door pods specifically) due to the quality of this. So I'm actually only currently running the OEM spoiler.

Click image for larger version Name:	9B9C2040-FADA-48C5-A161-EA8FBFA59B26.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	10033118

Kieran,

Did you get to paint them to match the car?
                      I still have them in box. looking to do something about this this spring/summer.

Z
                      Rule of Thumb:

Comment

Working...
                      X