Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S1 E30 - What is this front lip

Hello E30 boffins,

I hate to admit it, but i found myself watching this video on youtube the other night.

And i skipped through and found basically no useful information. But i noticed the S1 e30 had a front lip that I had not seen before and looked pretty cool i thought.

Does anyone know what it is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	e30 front lip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	10064144

I believe they call it a Jimmy Hill lip.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

ah, right. cheers. Google tells me it has an OEM bmw part number 51711943868 and are blooody expensive.

Does anyone know if they were an option back in the day? and only in the US?
      Last edited by e30davie; 08-04-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

We never got them in the US, nor have I seen them so I'm guessing they were a euro only option. I only know about them because of the UK guys referring to them as a Jimmy Hill lip. It does give the stock valence that added flare.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

ah fare enough. I just emailed bmw parts locally here in Aus and its no longer available new...

Yer i quite like the look on the early stock valance. Something a bit more than the normal lip but not quite the full mtech 1.

Comment

Working...
          X