Good clay-bar kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good clay-bar kit

I bought a mothers clay-bar kit last summer, but it didn't work too well i dont know if i was doing it wrong or it was the product. Any tips, advice on the process and products would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Rob
    fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

what didn't work well about it? I can't remember if I used mequires or mothers last year, but it did the job just fine. I have a mothers kit waiting for this spring. you have to use lots of lubrcant (I used almost the entire bottle of detailer last time) or the claybar will stick to your paint. I also dropped mine in the gravel once but thankfully none got into the clay!
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You should NEVER use a claybar that has been dropped.

I've used Mothers and Megiuars claybars since that is all that is available around here, they worked fine...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Zaino
        Zaino, Zaino, Zaino, Zaino.

-Charlie
        Zaino whore
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

[quote="Digitalwave"]You should NEVER use a claybar that has been dropped.[quote]

it was fine. I ripped the chunk off that touched the gravel. it wasn't small pebbly gravel either, so it was farily obvious that there wasn't any in the clay. I'm sure the dirt and grime that was built up on my paint was worse. :)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just didn't really see much difference, in sight of touch. I guess maybe my expectations were too high.

Originally Posted by Rob
            fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Car Care for the Perfectionist! Polishes, waxes, cleaners, polishers, foaming systems, detailing supplies, and accessories. We make it, we guarantee it!

or specifically http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11145 for the kit with Speed Shine.
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Meguiars, Meguiars, Meguiars.

I feel they are the best, provide the best customer service, provide the most comprehensive knowledge of their products, and have the most application specific products as well.

They have tech videos on how to use their products, their own proprietary buffer, and products as specific as "Overspray clay"

They have professional lines as well as consumer lines of products, like their deep crystal system.

I'll vouge for their products any day.
                Nick

87 325 5MT
                02 IS300 5MT

Comment

I have to recommend the original-the blue colored bar from Clay Magic. I have not used the Griots or Zaino clay bars, but I have used the Mothers, Meguiars, and another brand that I cannot remember at the moment. The Clay Magic bar is MUCH easier to use than the Meguiars or the Mothers-trust me on that! No matter how much lubrication I would use, the Mothers and Meguiars bars would tend to 'stick' to the paint more making it that much more effort. The Clay Magic hardly ever 'sticks'. And yes, I do know how to properly use one-I have learned a good bit after using them for seven years now. I have always had great results with the Clay Magic bar, and it is much easier to find now that it is sold at my local Auto Zone.
                  Eric Giles
                  '20 M2 CS
                  '04 M3
                  '11 X5 35D
                  '87 325is
                  '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Working...
                  X