'86 Valence mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'86 Valence mounts

Oi fellas, so I'm trying to get my front valence/spoiler back on my '86 ES. Sadly the mounting brackets are shot (surprise surprise). Any body know where I can find a diagram of the part? I figure I couldn't be too tough to fab some up. Anyway anything helps, danke

I have a complete set, in good shape want to borrow them to fab a set? I want them back though.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Hmmm ok, shoot me a PM? Idk if you are interested in selling them?..

Comment

Not interested in selling them. I have a e/i S airdam still so I want to keep them.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I used 1/8" by 3/4" aluminum stock available at most hardware stores. Used a couple of bolts in the bench for a bending jig and some pop rivets. It's not going anywhere.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
            I used 1/8" by 3/4" aluminum stock available at most hardware stores. Used a couple of bolts in the bench for a bending jig and some pop rivets. It's not going anywhere.
            +1. I used a vice & the same material, came out great. Aluminum is brittle so make sure you get your bends right the first time.
            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

I remember seeing your thread with that a while back. I thought about doing that but I don't have anything to reference the size or how to attach them :| fabrication isn't one of my strengths haha

Comment

damn im going through the same thing right now, all ihave for reference is one bracket broken into 3 pieces. farwest you could prob earn some $$ if you made more. id be willing to buy up

Comment

There are new aftermarket ones on eBay...

Comment

See post #17 of my build thread; link in sig.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                      There are new aftermarket ones on eBay...
                      ...for a hundred and fifty bucks?! Or fab some out of 20 bucks worth of materials and a bit of your time. Some have more money than time, and vice versa.
                      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

can anyone sketch them up on autocad/Solidworks with dimensions?

I want to fab these up before I pull off the front valence. Just swap and go!
                        - '87 Zinno 325is (the daily driver project)[sold]
                        - '03 M3, Imolarot, 6 speed
                        - '11 DGM STI 5-door (the weekend fun machine)

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
                          What lip is that on the bottom of the valence? Custom? Looks nice. Any more pics of your car?

Comment

I drilled some holes in my bumper and ran bolts through it. No more saggy valance or broken mounts.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                            X