Front lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front lip

I've been thinking about getting a new front lip for my car. Do you guys think I should just get a an "is" lip. Or should I look into an aftermarket product such as the one on BavAuto. Any input/opinions are appreciated. Thx guys.

Re: Front lip

Originally posted by Bhadole
    I've been thinking about getting a new front lip for my car. Do you guys think I should just get a an "is" lip. Or should I look into an aftermarket product such as the one on BavAuto. Any input/opinions are appreciated. Thx guys.
    iS lip ownz all

Comment

infinity
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
        infinity
        I can seriously recommend against the Infinity lip to anyone with a lower car.

You know the inclide from my driveway to the culdisac? I cannot go up or down that inclide without scraping. Doesnt matter what speed, what angle etc etc etc.

Infinity lips are too low to last very long on a lowered e30. Not only that, but they are made of very fragile plastic.
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

I've got Rieger's Infinity I lip and splitter on my car, been testing out hard driving as well as daily driving, even including a journey from Chicago to Florida and I haven't scraped once. Car is on IE race springs with slightly oversized tires. I don't really have to be an old lady going up driveways, inclines, down, etc... I just take them at slight angles. My car is ever so planted at highway speeds with the new body additions.

Anyway, Jordan, I'll get pics for you sometime. I'm still working at getting the sideskirts lined up with M-tech II door panels and still waiting on different center hats from IE to give me a few more millimeters clearance for my front brake rotors and the tie rod end.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M
            I've got Rieger's Infinity I lip and splitter on my car, been testing out hard driving as well as daily driving, even including a journey from Chicago to Florida and I haven't scraped once. Car is on IE race springs with slightly oversized tires. I don't really have to be an old lady going up driveways, inclines, down, etc... I just take them at slight angles. My car is ever so planted at highway speeds with the new body additions.

I was with Chris, until mine tore off... 8 days after installation, one day after the GCs.. first 7 were on RD springs. If you're careful and have a splitter on it, you should be alright, though I would not recommend one. My 'is' lip takes a fucking beating, about 15x what the rieger would take.

Comment

i am doing the 88 bumper conversion,and Jordan,advised me against the reiger lip and go with the IS lip..could someone post pics of the 2 for comparasion..(sik)..thanks..Jay

Comment

my sig has an 'is' lip, and Jordan's has a rieger lip, no splitter though

Comment

I do like that Reiger lip...any idea where I could find one? My 325i is lowered...but not enough that it would be an issue I think.

Comment

I've broken my Infinity lip twice, its not worth it, and it doesn't look right without side skirts on the car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I don't think my 4x4 would have a problem with the infinity lip.. anyone wanna trade for my is lip? 8)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Bryson,your right that lip is very nice ..but i like the reiger lip also....my car will be lowered 1.3 inches...should i stll have to worry about breaking it..also Byrson how much can you get an "is" lip for....thanks again...Jay

Comment

i'd go with an 'is' lip and a splitter for less money than a rieger lip, I wouldn't trust that lip on a stock height car even, they do look tits though
                          I don't know what our prices are for the 'is' lips, but I don't think we can get them for any cheaper than they are on the net

Comment

Hold on Guys. You forget about our friend from Iceland. :)

He told me he could get the Reiger Lip for $150 plus shipping. Albeit shipping might be more, but IS Lip + Splitter + Shipping would be much more.

Just saying.......

P.s. I prefer IS Lip + Splitter from M3 Ryan personally.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                              Hold on Guys. You forget about our friend from Iceland. :)

He told me he could get the Reiger Lip for $150 plus shipping. Albeit shipping might be more, but IS Lip + Splitter + Shipping would be much more.

Just saying.......

P.s. I prefer IS Lip + Splitter from M3 Ryan personally.
                              rieger lip is 150 euro and rieger splitter is 75 euro... with the current exchange rate, I think an is lip would be cheaper ;) Plus, you don't have to get an is lip shipped and they're something like $130 with the bmwcca discount at the stealer

Comment

Working...
                              X