Anyone have any ideas on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any ideas on....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this (e34 harness wire box) look better in the engine bay? I could cut off the tabs? Any ideas? It just look really off place in the engine bay.
    Attached Files

sticker bomb it. sent from hell using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      sticker bomb it. sent from hell using Tapatalk
      Honestly I was thinking about stickering it, the only issue is, I don't have any stickers and would have to buy stickers (don't really see why I should spend money on stickers?)...LOL....

And, yes i know the early E30 318i has a perfect plastic housing that I can buy and it'll make my engine bay look factory, but don't want to spend all that money on just that.

Was thinking about making something for it, like fabricating something, however this will take a lot of time and i certainly don't have that time, at this time.

Comment

Any other ideas? I'll do more google searches as well.

Comment

buy some stickers you cheapskate. christ. sent from hell using Tapatalk
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
            buy some stickers you cheapskate. christ. sent from hell using Tapatalk
            i might just have to.

Comment

post pics or you're a liar. sent from hell using Tapatalk
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Maybe you could chop up an M42 cover to fill most of the voids. That said, if you wrapped the exposed wiring the cover/box would probably not be as noticeable.

Comment

Twin cam wiring OBDI or OBDII fits behind the M42/ M3 covers fine.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Maybe you could chop up an M42 cover to fill most of the voids. That said, if you wrapped the exposed wiring the cover/box would probably not be as noticeable.
                    Yes, I was planning on wrapping the rest of the harness and stick through the hole. I might just get rid of the box and tape it up and then use a plastic wire cover sleeve.

Comment

I think the box will look far better than a mess of wire wrap as if it's some Alfa from the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        I think the box will look far better than a mess of wire wrap as if it's some Alfa from the 60s.
                        I agree with you too! After thinking about it, I think I am going to keep the box but cut off the tabs and sand it smooth and then repaint it black.

Comment

Working...
                        X