Rubber Shifter Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber Shifter Boot

Does the rubber shifter boot from the E21 fit in place of the regular boot.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/25111206289/

It adds that classic look.

This is going to be a new trend!

The late 2002 and early E21 used that shifter boot. The console center piece has a raised lip which the boot fits over and not a frame within the shift boot that snaps into the console. You would need to replicate that console lip for this to work....probably could be done with a 3D printer or some other creative method. I wonder if you could tuck the lower accordion fold under the E30 console edge?

Comment

It's probably possible to insert that base frame into the rubber boot too.
      Or a similar frame that fits better can be 3D printed.

We sell a replacement shift boot frame for the E30 with reproduction of the original BMW shift boot frame. Shop BMW performance upgrades at Condor Speed Shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
        Yes, possibly that frame would fit into the rubber boot. It has been many years since I've had one of those rubber boots in hand so I cannot remember the differences in size of the base vs. an E30.

Best just to buy some parts and experiment. It will be interesting to see what you come up with to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post

We sell a replacement shift boot frame for the E30 with reproduction of the original BMW shift boot frame. Shop BMW performance upgrades at Condor Speed Shop!

This piece breaks very easily. I bought one a while back and broke just trying to put it in. If you can find an OE one it's way better

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Working...
          X