Carpet removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet removal

Quick question, do I need to to remove the dash to replace the carpet? Looking to swapping mine out, it's a 91 vert. Thanks

If you want to do it right yes, because there is a portion under the AC box. Many will just cut around the AC box as all of it will be covered when you have the center console back in.
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Yeah, just saw that. Don't think there would be any issues iss I were to cut as suggested, right?

Comment

The carpet on the sides of the trans tunnel will be slightly loose when reinstalled if cut, but it's NBD considering how annoying the HVAC box removal can be.

Comment

If you plan on removing the dash then it's not too hard to then lift the climate box and slide the carpet under but all that entails is a lot more work than to simply cut the carpet. The choice is upto you.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I will be removing the dash as I am planning to swap that out as well. So will see if I can remove the carpet without doing any cutting. Thanks for the feedback all.

Quick question on the colour of the dash. The donor car has indigo blue colour interior and the dash looks like it is not black. Wondering if it is my eyes or is that truly a bit on the blue side to closely match the interior.

Comment

The dash is a bluish black on all E30s.

Comment

Carpet removal is one of those “one-size-fits-all” solutions that can seem like an ideal option for cleaning up all types of messes, from pet accidents to food spills. But carpet removal can create its own problems if you’re not careful about how you go about it. flagle

Comment

Working...
                X