Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTech 1 steering wheel

Hi,
    I’m fairly new to the e30 world and I was curious to know why some Mtech 1 steering wheels have a stamp in the back begging in “KBA” and some don’t? TYIA.

Welcome! That stamping could have something to do with the supplier who made the wheel for BMW, but should be irrelevant. If the wheel has the right splines, it will fit any E30 (will need extra washers for airbag models). What is your concern?
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Awesome! I just wasn’t sure if there were knock off Mtech wheels. I just purchased one and noticed it didn’t have the KBA stamp on the back. Thanks!

Comment

They're not valuable enough to fake...yet.

Comment

Haha, fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            They're not valuable enough to fake...yet.
            Based on recent asking prices, some people think they're made of gold. I have to laugh. Glad I sourced one in 2018.
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post

Based on recent asking prices, some people think they're made of gold. I have to laugh. Glad I sourced one in 2018.
              Some fools seem to think that items produced in the hundreds of thousands are somehow rare, especially when so very many E30s today have an MT1.

Anyway, the 1/xxx people are ruining E30s and I just wish they'd focus on some other platform. So, as conscientious owners we should take every opportunity to tell everyone we meet how slow, unsafe, unreliable and uncool E30s really are until the hype dies down or until gas cars are banned.

Comment

That stamping could have something to do with the supplier who made the wheel for BMW.
                gmail login

Comment

KBA (Federal Motor Transport Authority) is like our DOT.

I only know because a while back I saw KBA on my basketweaves and did a deep dive.

Homepage des deutschsprachigen Auftritts
                  Last edited by uturn; 08-12-2022, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X