Dented my dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dented my dash

I was messing around with a phone mount attached to my windshield and accidentally dropped it, damaging my dash. Does anyone know of a good way to fix this?

oh god no ... expensive trouble. please tell me it had other issues previous... there are dash repair kits you can get. none work well, or at all really.

there are also super involved ways of diy'ing a refurbished dash, but most start with one in fair to poor shape, and it has to be removed from the car and stripped. the broken foam has to be filled and fixed, then the dash is recovered and sometimes painted. also means removing the windshield in an e30 and a lot of other elbow grease getting it in / out. new dashes are nla and good used are worth a lot of cash now.

edit : there are some almost nice hard plastic dash covers that you can get as well. fitment is anywhere from not bad meh to horrible. they look best if the dash is taken out of the car when they are put on.

Comment

Looks like its the part around the cluster?

Well I agree with above ^

I do also have an additional idea. How bout you make a cover-ish for just that part?
      Like say, you seen newer and more expensive cars how they make a separate leather piece for the bump around the cluster? They make it like it's an art piece coming out of a simple one piece dash. Something like that.
      Just a thought, if you don't wanna do the whole dash and can't get used to this.

Comment

Yeah, it's up over the cluster, and yes the dash was uncracked and in almost perfect condition, and yes this is a tragedy beyond words. I'll probably just end up living with it, since I'm going to be selling this car in the near future anyway.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

That sucks. I'd fill it and forget about it.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X