What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

This was in the trunk of my new to me 1991 325i vert. Can someone tell me its purpose?

Thanks
    Attached Files

looks like a front end bra.

Comment

nope, its to cover the rear window from the sun.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Ahhh. Thanks McGyver. Guys at the shop didn't know. Hard top boys you know.

Comment

no problem. make sure you vacuum the soft side and put it against your window so the window doesnt get scratched!
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            nope, its to cover the rear window from the sun.
            Interesting I always thought it was to protect the plastic windown when top folded down.

How does it work when used as a shade in the sun? put on the inside? Put on the outside? If so wouldnt it fly off be stolen?

L
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure its actually for frost. You can't scrape the frost off a plastic window.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Does any one know where I can get one of those covers? Will it work properly to protect my rear window when i fold the top down?

Comment

Its to cover the outside of your windshield during winter so you just peel it off.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by wallyg1 View Post
                  This was in the trunk of my new to me 1991 325i vert. Can someone tell me its purpose?

Thanks
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  ---------------------------------
                  89 E30 S52
                  ---------------------------------
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

It's for snow or when storing the car. My car came with some info on its use. I gotta find it though.
                    I need your obd1 parts! Harness intake ecu etc.

E30 Your Daily Money Pit

Comment

Working...
                    X