Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard from Kevin Chinn / Creative Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
    July 5th, 2012 .... I am going to put the same reply I did on bimmerforums
    I have them here you were MIA for over a year or two off and on, no email or calls. I got a PM from you said you wanted them shipped after you got back from Cali. Last thing you told me is send you pics which I did. I have them in storage what do you want to do with them.
    Kevin
    I am not M.I.A. been contacting you all of the time, I have to go search around from website to website through never-ending "new names" to find you. Why do I have to chase you around ? Where's your responsibility to clients ??

I've done my part... paid for them, so you step up to the plate and do your part, make and ship them, very simple thing to do.

You are yet to iniciate the FIRST contact with me, I've always have to contact you so I can follow up with your latest mishaps and accommodate you with never ending time gaps to just come back 2+ months later with another excuse.

The only M.I.A. thing around here besides my seats is you and your 2+ months gaps between emails to tell me that ...
    " BLAh BLAH BLAH this and that " ...

Already gave you my address a gazillion times, just get them ready to ship and stop making excuses.
    God darn paid for this crap years ago and wondering what the leather looks like after being untreated for so long.

Would appreciate some pictures of them, since you are yet to show me any, thank you.

2 more years worth of excuses, WHERE ARE MY @#$%^&#@ SEATS !!!!!! ????

Comment

Wow what a Story!^^^

But I'm ready to buy his products. WHO CAN GET INTO CONTACT WITH HIM?! He won't respond to emails or voicemails!

Comment

I don't care how good your products are...I would not do business with anyone that takes people's money and promises a product in a certain amount of time and doesn't deliver until months...years later.

Same reason I don't deal with another person on this site who sells awesome products....but lacks communication and is actually rude most of the time...NO THANK YOU

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by modir93 View Post
          Wow what a Story!^^^

But I'm ready to buy his products. WHO CAN GET INTO CONTACT WITH HIM?! He won't respond to emails or voicemails!
          If you're giving away money I'll take some too.

Comment

ringeeling dingleeleen ringeelinging no one's picking up the darn thingeeling dingeelinggg ;)

AHHHHLLLLOHHHHHHHH ????

Comment

I was looking for transaction feedback for a different member on s14.net when I saw this thread:

Apparently these issues date back to 2007?
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Thanks for keeping this updated. I was just about to order a set and had emailed and called several times. Never got an email response and the phone # doesn't seem to be working. So, i thought i'd check here to see if he's still in business. Looks like he is, but not someone to do business with. Darn, stuff looked nice.

What other options are out there for DIY kits?

Andrew

Comment

To: kchinn@creativeoptions.info
                  Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:17 PM
                  Subject: RE: mtech order

Hi Kevin,
                  Sent you moneys through paypal account

Kevin has taken full payment and does not responds to phone, fax nor email, Ive lost track and hope but !@#$% that.

I've just placed a complain with BBB on greater Atlanta area as found 2 complains on him there...

and here's a link for those of you whom need to file your complains. http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...le-a-complaint

Maybe that's what it takes.

I've heard every possible excuse during this last few YEARS about my seats. Shame.
                  Last edited by fporro; 11-17-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

2015, update, eventually received a refund from Kevin and few weeks later phone calls about seats being available now, think I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                      2015, update, eventually received a refund from Kevin and few weeks later phone calls about seats being available now, think I'll pass.

Had the exact same experience. Had to threaten legal action to get deposit back. Gave him a second chance when he offered to make the seat kit with no deposit. Waited another 4 months with all the same excuses. Told him to forget it and just moved on.
                      1992 325i Cabrio
                      1988 320i Touring
                      2000 M5
                      1977 530i
                      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                      BMWCCA
                      E30CCA

Comment

I have had a long personal talk with Kevin just recently. I have known him for over 4 years and have done business with him and we became friends over time that time. Mostly discussing health issues that we both have and the trials and tribulations of trying to get it under control. I have bought from him several times and it was always an easy transaction.

I not here to fight his battles as they are his and his alone. I spoke to him about delays and the problems that he has had with people not wanting to believe what he has to say now. He understands that he has dropped the ball and that he has an uphill battle to get people to believe in what he has to say. His products, in my eyes, are not in question as I have seen his work first hand.

I have asked that he make me a complete interior set for my E30 M3 by the end of this month and I told him I would hold him accountable for his delivery time. I am posting this up here to let people know the time that I told him to go ahead with making me the front and rear seats and when I will post my new interior is complete. I will either self install or have him help me if he can. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I know he has been battling gout for some time now as well. So my hands aren't always playing nice with me. :)

Kevin did not put me up to this and he knows my complaints as well as my accolades for his work on other friends cars. Yes, he has messed up on delivery times and what not but I don't question his work on the older interior sets. Newer cars can sometimes get the best of even the really really experienced guys and he has also taken a few lumps for that.

I told him to go back to his roots and to rekindle his passion for making interiors sets that he knows how to make. He won't please everyone and that can't be expected by any business. I know he can make quality kits and I told him that he will be held accountable as a business not as a personal friend.

I will post again once they are complete and let everyone know. I hope to see them soon :)

Comment

Good luck....not sure he will be able to repair his reputation, but it will need to be one person at a time. The bottom line is, there are now other options for quality interiors. The one consistent thing I've read, heard from others, and experienced myself, is his inability to meet any kind of deadline, immediately followed by excuse, after excuse.
                          1997 Artic Silver M3
                          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by ALPINE_M5 View Post
                            I have had a long personal talk with Kevin just recently. I have known him for over 4 years and have done business with him and we became friends over time that time. Mostly discussing health issues that we both have and the trials and tribulations of trying to get it under control. I have bought from him several times and it was always an easy transaction.

I not here to fight his battles as they are his and his alone. I spoke to him about delays and the problems that he has had with people not wanting to believe what he has to say now. He understands that he has dropped the ball and that he has an uphill battle to get people to believe in what he has to say. His products, in my eyes, are not in question as I have seen his work first hand.

I have asked that he make me a complete interior set for my E30 M3 by the end of this month and I told him I would hold him accountable for his delivery time. I am posting this up here to let people know the time that I told him to go ahead with making me the front and rear seats and when I will post my new interior is complete. I will either self install or have him help me if he can. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I know he has been battling gout for some time now as well. So my hands aren't always playing nice with me. :)

Kevin did not put me up to this and he knows my complaints as well as my accolades for his work on other friends cars. Yes, he has messed up on delivery times and what not but I don't question his work on the older interior sets. Newer cars can sometimes get the best of even the really really experienced guys and he has also taken a few lumps for that.

I told him to go back to his roots and to rekindle his passion for making interiors sets that he knows how to make. He won't please everyone and that can't be expected by any business. I know he can make quality kits and I told him that he will be held accountable as a business not as a personal friend.

I will post again once they are complete and let everyone know. I hope to see them soon :)
                            Alpine M5, I'm glad you posted this.

I, too, have wanted one of Kevin's interior kits for years. Now that I'm in a position to get one, he has shown himself to be untrustworthy and unreliable. I'm not willing to dump several thousand dollars on a deposit for several years like fporro. Like others, I wait with baited breath to see your interior. I've seen enough of Kevin's work to know how stellar it is.

However, his excuses are just that. Excuses. When you run (or try to run) a business, and it comes to personal issues like health, COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS IS EVERYTHING. I cannot stress this enough. Kevin is an adult, a business owner and he knows this.

I've seen too many talented people with great products or services come and go and their reputations ruined simply because they wouldn't communicate with their customers.

Once you lose your customers trust, you will never get it back.
                            Last edited by Cha Ching; 08-11-2015, 02:45 PM. Reason: good vibes

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with the criticism and I make no excuses for his actions or trying to defend them. I posted this in hopes to motivate him as well as wanting to see him complete a whole seat of seats for me. I will be transparent with my progress or lack thereof if that happens. Communication is key to everything in life and especially in business. We will see what happens end of month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by ALPINE_M5; 08-11-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPINE_M5 View Post
                                08-05-2015 06:36 PM:
                                I have asked that he make me a complete interior set for my E30 M3 by the end of this month and I told him I would hold him accountable for his delivery time. I am posting this up here to let people know the time that I told him to go ahead with making me the front and rear seats and when I will post my new interior is complete.
                                EDIT
                                It's now the end of September. How did it turn out?

Comment

Working...
                                X