My dash! My dash! O my God my dash!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dash! My dash! O my God my dash!!!!

I know this may have been covered before but I need some advice. I just came back from a vacation on the west coast and when I took my car for a spin I happen to notice a crack in the dash. What can I do to prevent the crack from getting worse? I'm hoping for a magic elixir or spell that can ward off the crack demons and maybe excorcise them from my dash!!!👿👿👿 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stop drill it and pray.

Comment

Swap dash, or like first poster said, drill a hole at ends of the crack, put a v cut in the crack, use some sort of filler material and paint.

I say just swap with good dash and buy one of those windshield visors.
      (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
      1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Originally posted by asu325ix View Post
        I know this may have been covered before but I need some advice. I just came back from a vacation on the west coast and when I took my car for a spin I happen to notice a crack in the dash. What can I do to prevent the crack from getting worse? I'm hoping for a magic elixir or spell that can ward off the crack demons and maybe excorcise them from my dash!!!👿👿👿 Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        A+ post, would read again. As everyone else said, you can do nothing but curl up in a corner and cry.
        sigpic

Comment

get one of those carpet covers for the dash so you don't have to look at it?

You could pull the dash, take it to an upholstery shop, and have it wrapped. That would cover the cracks, and it won't crack again. Either way, you'll want to fill the cracks with some kind of semiflexible filler.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Once you start, the addiction grows...

Oh wait, you mean the other crack.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Leather wrap it!

Comment

Who cares? They're old cars, it's to be expected.

I dare you to post a pic of your interior as it looks right now. No cleaning. I'm just about 100% sure that crack is the least of your perfection issues.

Comment

I have a 15 piece dash in my e12 Just adds character
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA
                    There is no way to stop it....I had a small crack in my dash then a huge one happened over night. I used vinyl and leather conditioners on it along with UV protectants and even parked facing north, I also tried avoiding bumps/holes while driving and it still got a huge crack in it after 3 years.
                    This...this scares me. I have a minty uncracked dash and only use armoral

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                    I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by joncrz View Post
                      This...this scares me. I have a minty uncracked dash and only use armoral
                      Armoral is badddddddddd.. Use pledge and a window cover thing

Feedback!
                      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                        Armoral is badddddddddd.. Use 303 and a window cover thing
                        Touched that up for you.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

buy a garage and park it in there :)
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again for you 13'ers, Olive Oil will keep your dash moist and supple.
                            My e30's have yet to crack in the past, present, & hopefully future as a result.

disclaimer: using it will attract a lot of dust, but what's easier to replace; a dash or a towel to wipe it clean?

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                              I've said this before and I'll say it again for you 13'ers, Olive Oil will keep your dash moist and supple.
                              My e30's have yet to crack in the past, present, & hopefully future as a result.

disclaimer: using it will attract a lot of dust, but what's easier to replace; a dash or a towel to wipe it clean?
                              Cant tell if serious
                              Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

Working...
                              X