Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone provide new sunroof panel cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone provide new sunroof panel cloth?

The more and more I look at it, the easier it would seem to just fix it myself....if I can get a piece in the same dimensions of the same fabric, all you really have to do is drill out two rivets, and glue/secure the fabric to the frame itself....

So can anyone get the sunroof/headliner fabric and provide a cut?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

A new sunroof frame with the material attached is 54121916493 and $73 from ECS Tuning.
    You will need to transfer the arms using new rivets 07119949614.

Comment

Thanks....do I need a special tool to install the rivet? Or can I just hammer it in?
      1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Nothing special, just a small center punch and two hammers. It is much easier if if you have help. The rivets are not the type that work with a rivet gun, this is old school and you will be flaring one end manually. What ever you do, don't screw up the two arms. They are NLA, and you will have to source them from a scrap yard.

Comment

Well looks like the only color option is gray....my interior/headliner is tan...probably wouldn't look good
          1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Just order the color listed for your model and year. The one I ordered for my '87 325e was listed as "Grey" but it was Tan. If you want a photo of the color, send me a PM and include a email address.

Comment

No worries, I'll order it and and live with it....I can't seem to find an upholstery shop that wants to take this on anyways
              1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

This is a Grey sunroof cover that I purchased last year but tore during installation. In daylight it looks Tan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1403.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	7165047

Comment

Bumping super old thread, but does anyone know where to get one of these nowadays? Or the cloth material?

Comment

Catuned sells black material for the whole headliner.

But if you replace the whole headliner, you can select any fabric anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stormtrooper15 View Post
                      Bumping super old thread, but does anyone know where to get one of these nowadays? Or the cloth material?

Contact World Upholstery and Trim. (800) 222-9577

They have the stock E30 headliner material available as well as headliner kits. The correct color is 5027 - Grey Beige. I received a sample from them and it is a perfect match in both color and texture.

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

Contact World Upholstery and Trim. (800) 222-9577

They have the stock E30 headliner material available as well as headliner kits. The correct color is 5027 - Grey Beige. I received a sample from them and it is a perfect match in both color and texture.

That is great info. Thanks!

1992 325i Cabrio
                        1988 320i Touring
                        2000 M5
                        1977 530i
                        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                        BMWCCA
                        E30CCA

Comment

Working...
                        X