X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
    does anyone know if they have a black perforated leather? their website doesnt seem very user friendly.
    Yes, just order black and add the perforated option.

So I've been working on mine for the last two weeks, about 2-3 hrs a night after work. It's not as easy as I initially thought, but having the right tools has made it much easier from when I first started. The rears are complete but I need to redo the back rear. Here's a pic of the fronts, hopefully I'll have them done by next weekend. The scarlet color may be a bit bright for most but I wanted something closer to BMW coral red rather than the tradition cardinal red. I'll eventually finish the door cards and rears panels in a two tone just like the left pic in the second picture.

Last edited by Mike36; 06-01-2018, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jrobie79
    replied
    does anyone know if they have a black perforated leather? their website doesnt seem very user friendly.

Leave a comment:

• profbooty
    replied
    Anyone else have completed pictures to share?

How well have these covers held up so far?

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by x_FonsoE30 View Post
    Does anyone have the swatch sample? Or know what color will match closely to the cardinal red? I want to redo my seats asap
    Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    that looks great!!

can you look at this swatch and tell me which one you chose?

its hard to tell because when you take pictures in different lighting, brown can look dark or tan depending on the lighting.

image001-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr
    Originally posted by iLof View Post
    I also ordered a set from Lseat and could not be happier with the quality of their seats.
    The dark red is hard to photograph and show its proper color, but in person it's color is close enough to the original door cards.

The Dark Red seems to be the best match.

Leave a comment:

• x_FonsoE30
    replied
    Does anyone have the swatch sample? Or know what color will match closely to the cardinal red? I want to redo my seats asap

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by pilot_anderson View Post
    Ordered seat covers 4/16/18 Front and rears.

Covers were delivered 4/29/18. Really impressed with the two week turn around.

Replacing my Natur interior on my vert. I asked for swatches before ordering. They don't have the~exact OEM color however there are two that are very close;

Bisque- VERY close to OEM color but seems to be missing some tan and appears a little dark. This was the color recommended by Lseat.

Lark - A little bit lighter than OEM but with a but more tan added. Due to sun fade in my car on the carpets, door pockets, door cards etc are not the same color. I feel this color brings the interior together for all the sun fade and slight mismatch. I went with this one.

I have ordered hog rings and piers from amazon. hope to tackle this weekend. Will post pictures when done. Wish me luck first upholstery attempt. Doesn't seem too bad based on DIYs.
    Good to hear! I ordered mine a week and a half ago, I decided to go with Scarlet since I wanted a brighter red than the traditional cardinal red. I have everything taken apart already, I should probably go ahead and order a steamer and hog rings.

Leave a comment:

• pilot_anderson
    replied
    Ordered seat covers 4/16/18 Front and rears.

Covers were delivered 4/29/18. Really impressed with the two week turn around.

Replacing my Natur interior on my vert. I asked for swatches before ordering. They don't have the~exact OEM color however there are two that are very close;

Bisque- VERY close to OEM color but seems to be missing some tan and appears a little dark. This was the color recommended by Lseat.

Lark - A little bit lighter than OEM but with a but more tan added. Due to sun fade in my car on the carpets, door pockets, door cards etc are not the same color. I feel this color brings the interior together for all the sun fade and slight mismatch. I went with this one.

I have ordered hog rings and piers from amazon. hope to tackle this weekend. Will post pictures when done. Wish me luck first upholstery attempt. Doesn't seem too bad based on DIYs.

Leave a comment:

• bimmer630
    replied
    Looks like good stuff. I just bought another E30 and the sport seats I wanna put in it are shot of course.. these Lseat.com covers look perfect for the price

Leave a comment:

• EthirtyIS
    replied
    I make my rear coupe seats in the horizontal style stitching, the coupe/sedan seats will accept a horizontal stitched cover.
    How is the feel of the leather? I'm very curious about this because just purchasing enough leather to cover front seats cost more than they charge for the kits, and that's wholesale pricing.

Leave a comment:

• salvageland
    replied
    Originally posted by profbooty View Post
    Where did you get the option to pick that style of stitching?

I like how these turn out and finally got my color swatch sheet, but I'm still having a hard time finding a match for natur.

This stitch pattern is specific to convertibles only. They now offer it on their website, though i don’t think coupe seat centers will accept them without modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• profbooty
    replied
    Originally posted by salvageland View Post
    It took a while but finally got my covers and installed them. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Where did you get the option to pick that style of stitching?

I like how these turn out and finally got my color swatch sheet, but I'm still having a hard time finding a match for natur.

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Okay I just ordered my set!

A few questions for you guys. Did any of you replace the shocks on your sport seats? What stapler did you guys use to staple the leather on the center pads? What type of glue are you guys using to glue the leather the rear seat cover?
    Last edited by Mike36; 04-25-2018, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• salvageland
    replied
    Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post
    Glad to see that others have followed my lead. Question, did your kit include the leather to cover the seat backs and are they still covering these pieces with that thin grey foam?

Seat backs were bare leather. I stripped the original leather down to cardboard and glued them on with strong upholster stuff.

Leave a comment:

• BMW_TUNER
    replied
    2-3 weeks

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    How long is it taking you guys to receive your covers. I'm ready to order my set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X