No announcement yet.

carpet dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use the carpet dye from brydana, i believe its called skid mark black, its a spray paint can, but I didnt use a stiff brush and it isnt crusty at all.

1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbpka06 View Post

VHT black carpet dye over original grey carpet
      Used the same product on my tan carpet/tan headliner. But i used 8 cans total.

It's pretty black but it was sunny outside and I took the pics with my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
        It's pretty black but it was sunny outside and I took the pics with my iPhone.

curious to see a better pic of the headliner, im good with a spray can so interested in your experience going thru with it. i would of attempted already but im scurred :(

Comment

Great! :)

I'll try this soon, I liked it

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Originally posted by marshtgrade View Post
            curious to see a better pic of the headliner, im good with a spray can so interested in your experience going thru with it. i would of attempted already but im scurred :(
            Intersted in hearing this too.... I'm changing from tan to black next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
              use the carpet dye from brydana, i believe its called skid mark black, its a spray paint can, but I didnt use a stiff brush and it isnt crusty at all.

http://www.bryndana.com/
              Anyone have any opinion on how close the 'Nissan Rouge' color is to Cardinal red? I have some really..strange stains on the carpet in the back.

Comment

Im also interested in how you did the headliner? Did you remove it from the car or just tape everything up? I degreased and pressure washed my grey carpet and then dyed in black with 4 cans of duplicolor black fabric dye and used a nylon brush to get it down into the nap of the carpet and fluff the carpet back up. I also ordered a new set of OEM black floor mats so that the high traffic areas wont get worn and lose their color.

Comment

I taped the shit out of my interior and just sprayed the headliner in place...warning the fumes start to accumulate very fast even with both doors open, I would suggested throwing as much on as you can tolerate then waiting 20-30 minutes for the car to air out
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Where did that sweet cup holder come from. I need one.

I did the black spray on mine. Ended up using around 8 cans.. Way more than I thought, but I had the carpet out and did it outside.

Comment

Working...
                    X