No announcement yet.

e36 Arm Rest in a e30???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll snag it. I'm no stranger to fabercating...

Comment

Just finished the install. Works nicely and looks ok but it took me fovever to mount it and it was a big PITA. Im definetly going e46 route, it looks as if it will fit better.
      This is only a mock up, if i decide to keep it i will trim it up more to match the e30. Its pretty stable but i hacked away most of the armrest mount and screwed it directly thru the tranny tunnel. I also used one of the ashtray mounting screws to screw the front thru the tunnel, i used a plastic spacer to keep the console straight with the shifter console, lastly it is screwed thru the shifter console to close the gap.

harry/harout

Comment

You are my hero, good job!!! Did you take pics of the hacked arm-erst parts, during the build????

Are there any concerns that drilling into the tunnel will create rust spots? I know what I have learned from making holes to mount a dead pedal on my MKII Jetta, it rusted like crazy.
        sigpic
        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Is it wider than the E30 center console?
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

^ um I didnt take any pics as i was doing it but im taking all apart today to paint it, Ill snap some pics of my mounting spots.
            As far as rust..........I dont know
            harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
              Is it wider than the E30 center console?
              yes, its wider and longer. I can stick my hand under the console where the seatbelt latch is. However once its in the car you cant really tell until u remove the seats.
              harry/harout

Comment

the e46 console IS a pain in the ass to put in also. And is wide.

Comment

What type of modifications, if any were done to the arm rest base. That thing sticks below the level of the center console. I am wondering I if I am going to have to hack that thing apart.

Comment

i need to get on that. that one with the cupholders; think it was from the dealer; sucks.
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

not sure if anyone has seen this website, but it has some good info on the E46 console swap.

Comment

i've got 2 or 3 e36 consoles/armrests sitting in my basement...
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess what you need is the e46 as it's narrower unless you are ready for allot of work.
                          sigpic
                          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

thats what free time is for, right?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rhett325i View Post
                              not sure if anyone has seen this website, but it has some good info on the E46 console swap.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~wawawa/
                              that doesnt look half bad
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I ended up doing this after spying a perfect (but dirty) e36 center console w/ leather armrest at a junk yard. Pulled it, payed 15 bucks for the whole thing, modded it, and slapped it right into my e30. Looks fucking great compared to the weak centerconsole bmw designed for the e30. Would def recommend this CHEAP mod!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X