This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
    You realize that you are greatly reducing the effectiveness of the stock seat belt by not running it through the side lapbelt holes on the seat?
    sigpic
    '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

I have a set of Sparcos (R100) to put into the car, and I'm thinking about some brackets.

Here's what I came up with (behold my MS Paint skills ;)):

Basically it's an idea to widen original Sparco sliders (rails) and use thick-walled aluminium bars that would act both as bolt pattern adapters and risers. Next, two more bars to link sliders-to-seat mounting holes in which I'd drill the holes to bolt the seat onto.

By taking some quick measurements I found out it would work fine, but I'm not sure if it's a good solution safety-wise.

Any opinions (well, almost any) are welcome. I plan installing the seats in about a month, so still plenty of time to think.
      Attached Files

Comment

Corbeau A4 in a Cabrio

I posted this back a while ago, but decided it was time to freshen up this thread. These are the regular width. I don't think the wides would fit because the Cabrio already has larger door pilers that the coupe or saloon.

sigpic
        "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Comment

^I assume those NRG seats aren't FIA approved?
            sigpic
            '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

I have a cobra imola and a cobra suzuka from my 240sx and I wanted to basically floor mount sliders. has anyone done this in there e30s. I enjoy having my eye level just above the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                I didn't want to spend more than I had to on new seats that can be used as DD seats and safe for AutoX/HPDE events / harness use etc.. I like them, yes they aren't Recaros but they do their job just fine for everyday use and hold me better than the old stockers (cloth oem sports).

So, they were about 800 for a pair new with all the hardware / double locking sliders shipped. They do sit lower than stock sport seats, maybe 1-2" or so, I did not measure this.

brackets / sliders

for now using stock belts

those are really nice sir...

Comment

I think a lot of the seats look pretty nice, but Im really leaning towards some clean, everything works OEM sport seats. Its the same amount of money to get some sport seats re-done (new covering/new seat shocks) VS buying new seats. And they bolt right up.
                  Randall Racing and Engineering
                  Acworth, Georgia, 30101
                  http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

mine are 100% clean and perfect...tan vinyl sports... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBones View Post
                      mine are 100% clean and perfect...tan vinyl sports... ;)
                      I have already converted to black vinyl sports. The just seem to be falling apart. Shocks blow, starting to get cracks on left bolsters, cracked seat rail.
                      Acworth, Georgia, 30101

Comment

i was suggesting you buy mine...

Comment

i was suggesting you buy mine...
                          Ya, I could tell, but yours are a different color. If yours were black I would be all about it.
                          Acworth, Georgia, 30101

Comment

they make vinyl dying kits ;) lol or you could get leather replacement covers! :)

Comment

they make vinyl dying kits ;) lol or you could get leather replacement covers! :)
                              I also thought about the vinyl paint. I used vinyl paint to paint my rear seat and it looks great. It doesnt get much usage though. So Im not sure what high wear would do to the vinyl painted seats.
                              Acworth, Georgia, 30101

Comment

well, let me know man...i'll have em for a while as they are actually in the car now. You're not so far that you couldnt pick up or meet half way either so no shipping. Anyways...

back on topic! Yo quiero OMP!

Comment

Working...
                                X