• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a damp rag
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
      What about those black fuzzy covers? I know that it's kinda pep-boyz tuning...but I think their old school...
      Nah, they look shite. Trust me, I have one covering up the four or five huge cracks in my dash. Crappy German vinyl + Australian sun for 15 years = big cracks. Gotta get my dash retrimmed one day, but it's going to take too much effort to get it out.

Comment

I saw one of those dash covers pictured above in Don Adams cars.... I think they look awsome. Great to protect the dashes from cracking or hiding the cracks themselves.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          I use a damp rag
          What he said. At the moment it's covered in dust, and I kinda like the soft gray glow.

Shiny dashboards are fugly.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
            What about those black fuzzy covers? I know that it's kinda pep-boyz tuning...but I think their old school...
            I said moulded plastic they look the exact same. The fuzzy ones are poo.

Sold it.

Comment

Heres a link my dad found about dashboards... pretty interesting

Comment

Vaseline? I wouldn't have thought of that.

Has anyone tried Butter Flavor Crisco?
                Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

I use pledge orange oil on my dash. gives it a nice deep black look and my car has a nice citrus scent ;)
                  sigpic

Comment

I use Armor All wipes in the entire interior (except for leather bits). They work great and get into all the little nooks and crannies. They also make diving-board bumper surrounds look great!
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaron86325
                      Vaseline? I wouldn't have thought of that.

Has anyone tried Butter Flavor Crisco?
                      that would smell like ass. I'll stick to armor all thank you..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I use Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. Here's what Meguiar's has to say about it...

"Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, tires, and hundred of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. with two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolor your finish. We've also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun."

The key here is UV protection. They also carry a product called NXT Generation Tech Protectant and here's what they say about it...

"Introducing Meguiar's Next Generation of Technology...Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) Meguiar's NXT Generation Protectant uses Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) to clean, condition and protect all vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces. These materials require special treatment to preserve their original look, retain their elasticity, and protect them from fading. Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant utilizes the highest concentration of ESP's blended with patented antiozonants to create the best all-in-one protectant on the market today!
                        • Creates shine & richness to dashboards, tires & trim.
                        • Helps restore original color to older, weathered surfaces.
                        • Patented Antiozonants help prevent premature aging and deterioration.
                        • Protects using UVA/UVB inhibitors to help reduce fading and cracking"

Comment

well yeah, i just got a new (to me, used in real life) dash, i have been soaking it in VinyleX for a bout 5 hours or so, i have been told of another brand stuff, hard to get, somethink like aerospace plastic and vinyl something, anyone heard of that, also the dash new is it supposed to be squishy? or a little firm?

thanks
                          The jeff

Comment

Meguiar's gold class wipes. like baby wipes, but better. plus i have a 10 year supply, thanks to those cheeseball wheelpower meets in OC from years back.
                            sigpic

Comment

btw pasha. hahaha, you are going to help me put it in after bimmerfest...

Comment

Working...
                              X