This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
    its sooooooooo much more complicated then that. Do you know where to put fitting marks or what fitting marks are? Do you know what seam allowance to leave or subtract, what way they need to go together, where the stretch of the fabric should be, what to add or subtract if you use or dont use a foam backing... trust me.. not fun lol.
    Ahh:hitler: This is getting better and better!!!! Im not saying Im going to think it's going to be easy, I know its gonna be a pain in the butt, but I pick up things quick, and I'm doing one seat at a time, so if i screw up terribley Ill just bring them to someone that actually knows what they're doing. Id honestly just like to give it a go though. Even if it looks terrible. Its going to be pretty hard to lose money on these seats too...

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
      Ahh:hitler: This is getting better and better!!!! Im not saying Im going to think it's going to be easy, I know its gonna be a pain in the butt, but I pick up things quick, and I'm doing one seat at a time, so if i screw up terribley Ill just bring them to someone that actually knows what they're doing. Id honestly just like to give it a go though. Even if it looks terrible. Its going to be pretty hard to lose money on these seats too...
      well just remember my screen name and ill try to help you out the best i can when you get tearing into them. My best suggestion is to use a cheap vinyl with a good backing that has a good amount of stretch for your first try. That way it has a little more give and you wont be super pissed if you wasted money on fabric.
      ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
      We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
        well just remember my screen name and ill try to help you out the best i can when you get tearing into them. My best suggestion is to use a cheap vinyl with a good backing that has a good amount of stretch for your first try. That way it has a little more give and you wont be super pissed if you wasted money on fabric.
        I already have it written down on a stickynote;) Thanks a lot, and Ill be sure to do that. Now about the dissassembly...You said this was the worst LS? Does it have anything to do with those wires holding the jackets in and those dumb plastic slide clip thingys

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Just picked 2 up for €10 a piece. Quite a steal imo.
          Plan is replace the lower bolsters and to completely recover them.

I have these in the car atm. Will probably sell when the others are done.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkerd View Post
            I have these in the car atm. Will probably sell when the others are done.

i think these are the exact same seats that i have, right down to the color! recaro ls from an e21 3-series?

E46t

Comment

Jup.

Comment

this are mine origin e30 recaros....and im in love with them:p

pics before and after restore

središnji dio

podguzni dio

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by emil e30 View Post
                  this are mine origin e30 recaros....and im in love with them:p

pics before and after restore
                  Wish mine looked like that! Amazing work.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

How much do you think these are really worth? I've spent some time reading up on the seats, and the prices tend to vary, and I would like to hear from you guys that know a lot more about Recaros than I do :)

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Here's mine.
                      The black ass-napkin is just a towel pushed in so my rivets don't fuck the seats up. Actually looks good imo.

Driver's seat falls back when adjusting, is that what that damper is for?
                      Can theybe bought easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        Driver's seat falls back when adjusting, is that what that damper is for?
                        Can theybe bought easily?
                        Regular sport seat dampers sort of work, but most are blown these days. I have an extra full set of 4. $50 shipped?
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Would take. Am far away. :(

Comment

Would take. Am far away. :(
                            Aw, didn't even notice your location. Yeah, no $50 shipped for you :p

Look for regular sport seat shocks. There are two per seat, and you pretty much have to break off a push-on washer to get them off. New washers are still available, iirc.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

All available at the dealer?

Comment

All available at the dealer?
                                Check it out, I haven't checked if seat shocks are available NOS. The price is pretty high per shock, though.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X