This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
    That was the car I was referring to. However, I am looking for details on the general setup, which I cannot seem to find.

Sportsters fit like any other Recaro.
    If you have a Recaro mount and sliders, a CS bolts straight on.

One of my E30's has Sportsters in it and I use the same base and sliders when I put a Recaro SPA in.

Easy, ala

For what it's worth I also have Recaro Experts in another E30 (the new "LS") and over a long distance they are more comfortable than the Sportster, in my opinion.

Sportsters sure do look nice though.

Also, Sportster are a plastic framed seat whereas the Expert / LS/ etc are steel framed. Not that I imagine that matters a damn, given the testing and regulations they have to pass/comply.
    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

listed these FS only here for now, and also looking to buy same fabric

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=315735

Comment

and here's some deepest bolsters I've ever had/seen on old recaro.
        top bolsters are pretty standard big ones but bottom ones are unseen, as deep as a beer can :)

Comment

Nice seats. Always loved the old school graduation recaros.
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Since a2coupe2a has been out of the scene for a while does anyone know where to get recaro piece parts like bolsters and webbing from other than then one site in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
              Since a2coupe2a has been out of the scene for a while does anyone know where to get recaro piece parts like bolsters and webbing from other than then one site in the UK?
              Contact Tim @ www.velocityupholstery.com

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Thanks for the link. I saw you recommend them I'm post 733. I was hoping for a place in the states; although, BC wouldn't be a big deal for just trying to get piece parts shipped. I'll have to hit them up to see what the damage would be.

Comment

He does deal with a lot of US based customers so I suggest giving him a call.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Got a set of really clean mkII recaros not too long ago and love them. Only problem I have is that the backs wobble back and forth. Anyone know how to tighten this up, or is that how they are supposed to be?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Was curious how people feel about the recaro LS-Bs. I have owned them awhile and wanted to get other people opinion that have had more experience with other seats. are the ls-b's more stiff or too stiff for people that have them?
                      Odd man out

Vanos=Very Aggressive NOS???

Comment

audi 4000/5000 halo headrests fits also for the retro/oldschool recaro's

Comment

Just picked these up. Drivers side bolster is ripped apart.

Comment

Haven't been able to find much info on them but they are labeled lx-s.
                            Looks similar to the lx-b but has provisions for an armrest, one of which was included.
                            Underneath all the dirt they're actually very clean.

Project
                            Feedback

Comment

Just picked a pair of these up for $250 all up, pretty happy right now. Does anyone know where they would've come from originally?

Comment

Working...
                              X