Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail light/cluster light issue.

I'm getting a little baffled by this.
    I have a 1990 325i. i never really have to touch the headlight switch. Its always all the way in. The other day I lost cluster lights, and my buddy mentioned I have no tail lights. First thought was to check fuses. Couldn't find anything wrong and switched out a couple anyways be sure. No avail. I got fidgeting with the head light switch and found if it's one click out i get tail lights and cluster lights back. But lose the head lights head light switch pulled all the way I get headlights back and lose tail lights/cluster lights

i figured it's gotta be the switch, so I got curious and pulled the switch apart to see if I could find anything wrong, but nothing stood out, no terrible where or burn marks or corrosion. Before I spend a bunch of money on a new switch, would anyone else have some input 🤔

The switch has a rheostat that dims the cluster lights when you rotate the knob. It can be a problem.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like McWattsJ.

Comment

The switch is super well known to fail. Its highly likely that is your problem.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
      X