will 3 HIDs cause power problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 3 HIDs cause power problems?

I'm installing 55w HIDs for lows and highs, and 35w HID fogs.

Will I run into any voltage problems with these things? I'm beginning to worry about how this old car (89 325i) will handle them especially if I'm running an aftermarket stereo with amp and sub at the same time...

BTW- I wasn't planning on using a relay harness or anything for the lights, especially since the battery is in the trunk.

thanks for any input

no except HID's in the highs probably won't last that long.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok. Yeah I figured the highs might not last, especially if I ever flash them. But for cheapo vvme $35 lights I don't really care if they burn out, I wanted to give it a try.

Comment

i ran 3x HIDs in my last car. no problems with them all on, but i wouldnt recommend firing them all up at once.

dont flash the highs, youll kill them. ive heard that the ballasts have some sort of system built in where if they get flashed a few times they shut down to avoid blowing up or some such disaster.

in the end, HID highs arent really that much brighter than regular highs. not worth it. just run HID lows and fogs with the brightest 9005 bulbs you can find for the highs. HIR 9011s should do the trick.
        Last edited by straight6pwr; 03-03-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X